Foods to Eat???

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Helloooo

I am looking to start doing this low carb diet next week or so but I do not know what I can and can't eat, I have been looking for a list or something but cannot seem to find one! And also what would suitable low carb hypo treatments be?!

I dont know if I sound stupid but I wanna do everything right etc.

Thank you

Nicola x

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many of the low carbers recomend the carbs & cals book - not only does it tell you the carbs, but also shows you portion sizes. I don't carb count but have drastically reduced my intake by avioding "starchy veg", spuds, sweet potato etc, rice and grains (esp wheat), I'm sure one of my more experienced low carb friend will be along shortly with fuller advise

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Many of the low carbers recomend the carbs & cals book - not only does it tell you the carbs, but also shows you portion sizes. I don't carb count but have drastically reduced my intake by avioding "starchy veg", spuds, sweet potato etc, rice and grains (esp wheat), I'm sure one of my more experienced low carb friend will be along shortly with fuller advise
Is there an app for that book because I did have it but seem to have lost it now :(

D

Deleted member 83869

As a beginner´s guide you can use the rule of less than 5% carbs.

Read this: http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
Ah I will have a read of that when I get home tonight! thank you :)

Also did anyone find that they was really hungry when they first started?? I know I havent started yet but I am more than certain that I will be feeling hungry....alot!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nicola, why are you waiting until the next week or so? Have you thought about starting today or tomorrow? Just avoid potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, pastry, processed junk food, sugary drinks, cakes and biscuits etc. Eat plenty of vegetables, tomatoes, mushrooms, fish, meat, cheese, dairy food (not much milk), berries, yogurt. The list is endless.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah I will have a read of that when I get home tonight! thank you :)

Also did anyone find that they was really hungry when they first started?? I know I havent started yet but I am more than certain that I will be feeling hungry....alot!!
Hunger isn't a problem. You eat until you are satiated. When you get hungry you eat. Very simple. On the other hand as you are t1 it might be wise to do the carb reduction in steps and whatever you do, keep testing frequently.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nicola, why are you waiting until the next week or so? Have you thought about starting today or tomorrow? Just avoid potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, pastry, processed junk food, sugary drinks, cakes and biscuits etc. Eat plenty of vegetables, tomatoes, mushrooms, fish, meat, cheese, dairy food (not much milk), berries, yogurt. The list is endless.
I think it is a good idea to plan a change to low carb and do some reading first. I think OP is T1 and that makes it trickier.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Because I have no money at the moment to buy all of them foods otherwise I would so at the moment i am making do with what is at home until i can go out and buy what i need and like Totto said i want to plan it all out so that i have something to stick to and also throwing myself straight into it will probably result in a few hypo's as my pump will most likely need adjusting. I know what you are saying though!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

D

Deleted member 83869

Hunger isn't a problem. You eat until you are satiated. When you get hungry you eat. Very simple. On the other hand as you are t1 it might be wise to do the carb reduction in steps and whatever you do, keep testing frequently.
Okay then that is good! Well if i have any problems i will either come on here or try and see my nurse and/or dietician!:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App