Foot Care

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
What is your daily drill in this department guys.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have a daily routine. I check my feet for hard skin after a bath and use a ped egg to remove any that's present. I cut my toenails quite long and don't round the edges.
My BS control is quite good so I find my feet are in general good order.

Reactions: 2 people

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I don't have a daily routine. I check my feet for hard skin after a bath and use a ped egg to remove any that's present. I cut my toenails quite long and don't round the edges.
My BS control is quite good so I find my feet are in general good order.
Hey Jim, did you ever get tingly feet and intermittent pains around too, comes and goes ,it's just been the last couple of days. I thought it might be the Met,I was only diagnosed 4 weeks ago.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I moisturise with E45 every morning before putting on my hated socks....

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Jim, did you ever get tingly feet and intermittent pains around too, comes and goes ,it's just been the last couple of days. I thought it might be the Met,I was only diagnosed 4 weeks ago.
Never had any of those symptoms.
I should have said earlier that if I ever have any worries about even the smallest thing with my feet I will go to the doctors. Best to be safe than sorry.
Go see your doctor with your symptoms :)

Reactions: 3 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
I moisturise with E45 every morning before putting on my hated socks....

I moisturise 1st thing when I get up with some Avon peppermint foot cream. I also use a pumice stone to keep up with hard skin which I've always suffered from way before I developed diabetes.

And best of all, I get a right good foot massage with moisturiser a couple of times a week, from my husband.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm thinking of going to A & E tonight as I'm getting these pains and tingles in and around my feet and ankles.

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Let us know how you get on Rog - I've had foot pain/burning/tingling for 12 months plus despite very tight blood sugar control.
I can't get any answers anywhere so far.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Bunny spoke to the Doc , said nothing to worry about by the sound of things but said to pop into surgery this week.

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I moisturise 1st thing when I get up with some Avon peppermint foot cream. I also use a pumice stone to keep up with hard skin which I've always suffered from way before I developed diabetes.

And best of all, I get a right good foot massage with moisturiser a couple of times a week, from my husband.
That last bit sounds like a good thing. :cool:

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
--This was a great read---

DIABETIC NEUROPATHIES
Diabetic neuropathies seem to improve in two phases—a rapid partial improvement that may occur within weeks, followed by sustained very slow improvement that goes on for years if blood sugars continue to remain normal. This is most apparent with numbness or pain in the toes. Some people will even comment,“ I know right away if my blood sugar is high, because my toes feel numb again.” On the other hand, several patients with total numbness of their feet have complained of severe pain after several months of near-normal blood sugars. This continues for a number of months and eventually resolves as sensation returns. It is as if nerves generate pain signals while they heal or “sprout.” The experience may be very frightening and distressing if you haven’t been warned that it might occur.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/normal-blood-sugars/

Link added by Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
My BG is well under control,but often my feet feel numb and cold or numb and burning.
My diabetic nurse has never checked my feet.
I cream every day.

PATRICK317

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had foot pain for the last 2 months. I have been type 1 for over 10 years and my last A1 C was 6.8. It feels like pain from top down. I sometimes limp on my right foot as to not put more pressure on it and sometimes my second toe will throb with pain and then go away. Does this sound like neuropathy to any of you?