Forum members talents?

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I play the cornet (in a brass band)and electric organ, and I used to play the flute, but I'm not sure if I could get a tune out of one now, and when I was as school played descant and tenor recorders.

Reactions: 8 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am agog :)

Apparently there's something called "The Common Agricultural Policy" which has a similar effect - you put loads of money into it and the money disappears: nobody can work out where it's gone :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@cazza54 - Carol those drawings are stunning!

I currently have an amazing talent for being idle, dropping things, and teaching my dogs to sneeze on command.

I have a small talent as a needleworker (and used to create my own designs to stitch), and as a crafter and I particularly enjoy creating my own 3D and kinetic papercraft items (though not always from my own designs! :() Crafting runs in the family, my aunt was a skilled needlewoman, my sister a talented candle maker, and her daughter is a very talented jeweller.

And while i was a working I discovered I had a small talent for (mainly database) programming, and "web programming" which also became a hobby for several years.

Robbity

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to get back on track before we're shouted at for derailing. I can play Dixie through a nose flute.:D:D

Reactions: 7 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can play Dixie through a nose flute.:D:D

this-thread-is-useless-without-pictures-jpg.26212

:D :D

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@cazza54 - Carol those drawings are stunning!

I currently have an amazing talent for being idle, dropping things, and teaching my dogs to sneeze on command.

I have a small talent as a needleworker (and used to create my own designs to stitch), and as a crafter and I particularly enjoy creating my own 3D and kinetic papercraft items (though not always from my own designs! :() Crafting runs in the family, my aunt was a skilled needlewoman, my sister a talented candle maker, and her daughter is a very talented jeweller.

And while i was a working I discovered I had a small talent for (mainly database) programming, and "web programming" which also became a hobby for several years.

Robbity
Blimey!! talk about multi talented. I'll send my holed socks to you then for darning instead of throwing them away.:D:D:happy::stinkyfeet::stinkyfeet:

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

Well here goes I used to play a trumpet at school , had to carry the thing about 3 miles with cookery basket and bag with books in ,,,,,
Couldn't really cook very well....
Needle work no good either , in fact I was not a good at school person couldn't wait to leave ...
And there was not enough breath left to blow the trumpet after the three mile walk .. Had no money for the school bus :(

Still have it today in my loft ...parents paid for a couple of years by instalments ...not enough puff to get a note now ...better give it back to them ...

So many hidden talents ...mine is a bit in the past now though ...:rolleyes:

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well here goes I used to play a trumpet at school , had to carry the thing about 3 miles with cookery basket and bag with books in ,,,,,
Couldn't really cook very well....
Needle work no good either , in fact I was not a good at school person couldn't wait to leave ...
And there was not enough breath left to blow the trumpet after the three mile walk .. Had no money for the school bus :(

Still have it today in my loft ...parents paid for a couple of years by instalments ...not enough puff to get a note now ...better give it back to them ...

So many hidden talents ...mine is a bit in the past now though ...:rolleyes:
If you'd have combined your trumpet with your cookery basket, you could have made a "crumpet".:D That would have made it lighter.:D

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect that Adrian may have a yet undiscovered talent as forum comedian? :D

Robbity

S

Sable_Jan

That's me, too :). I had an ancestor in Victorian times who was a celebrated viola player and who ended up becoming the second wife of Sir Charles Hallé (of orchestra fame). I played the trumpet (badly) when I was young and tried to learn guitar but couldn't stick with it. The music gene has obviously skipped a generation, because my son is an excellent drummer (Grade 8, with distinction) so I'm waiting for him to join a mega-successful band so that he can support his ageing and idle parents in their dotage :D

I sail, and I'm quite a competent helmsman but I'm not sure that counts as a talent....
Of course it does - I'm sure it takes a lot of skill.......

Reactions: 4 people