Freestyle libre-android phone

Turner90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am currently on the freestyle libre and I have downloaded the app on my android Samsung s8.. however my phone is not picking up the sensor. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am currently on the freestyle libre and I have downloaded the app on my android Samsung s8.. however my phone is not picking up the sensor. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it?

Samsungs are notoriously bad with libre. Google "freestyle libre samsung g8": there's lots of people on forums asking the same question and finding they just don't talk to each other that well, if at all.

I'm running my libre with a bluetooth transmitter on top of it to turn it into cgm, sending the data to an app called xdrip+. The developers doing xdrip+ are extremely intelligent phone boffins doing rapid prototyping which generally solves issues much faster than your usual corporate structure but they've still had to write code which tells you, "Buggy Samsung issue" when you try to tie it into a samsung phone.

I'd ditch the samsung.

Reactions: Jo Bodensee

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Theres a chap in this thread, claims he got it working by downgrading the OS.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/samsung-s8-and-libre.120308/

I am not 'recommending' that you do this. I cannot be held responsible for the weather, late running trains, brexit, poor performance of the Home Office, the state of the NHS or any actions you decide to take that render your phone inoperable to any extent.

andysw90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm finding with my Galaxy S9 that it only scans if the battery is 60% or higher. As soon as it hits 59% or lower it stops working. When it's charging it also starts working again. Very odd.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I use the S8 plus and havent had any problems (so far). Silly question BUT have you got the NFC turned on??

J

Jo Bodensee

I've just purchased a BlackBerry KeyOne... should arrive today sometime. My miaomiao transmitter should arrive next week sometime. I'm hoping it all works well. Next bit of dia-tech will be a smart watch so that I can exercise without having to have the phone on me/close by. This is seriously the only thing that makes diabetes halfway fun!

On that note, the diabetes counsellor running the type 1 course i'm in says that Abbott's current sensors are being replaced in Fall with new sensor/transmitters. However, by the time I get through my current batch a half year will already be gone. So, no regrets with ordering the miaomiao. Later this week in class we'll also be discussing the 'eversense' I think it's called?

Mortman

Samsung s20 update has completely stopped my alarms and constantly telling me signal loss