FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Andy_P

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
See the link to the US Clinical Trials website below this article from the Diatribe.org website

upload_2014-12-23_19-13-26.png

LINK Below

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02082184

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone from Abbott read my blog.
So we know they follow these threads and our blogs, probably the Facebook group too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 306

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Someone from Abbott read my blog.
So we know they follow these threads and our blogs, probably the Facebook group too.
That's a search robot that Abbot are using to find what people are saying. Be interesting to see what would happen with a negative review...

EDIT: I've stuck my point of view up on my (little updated) blog.... http://crick-tech-munch.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

RAElv

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Was the trend not raising? And did you check again after 10 minutes? Neverthless 3mmol is too much..

RAElv

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was the trend not raising? And did you check again after 10 minutes? Neverthless 3mmol is too much..
Day two and it is much nearer only about .7 above manually so I guess it takes time for the sensor to settle. Thanks anyway and have a great Christmas

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My current sensor is going properly haywire. I usually do a BG test in the morning just to check it, and so far it had always been within 0.5 of the scan unless things were really changing quickly.

Yesterday morning the sensor was reading 1.5 lower than BG. I know being dehydrated can mess with it, so I drank plenty of water - by lunchtime it was only 1 off, but then by the evening it was reading 2 points lower. This morning it's 4 points lower and thinks I was hypo all night - I don't believe it.

I want to call Abbott but I'm not sure which number to use, or whether they will be working over Christmas?

RAElv

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is so frustrating because if they get this right it would be brilliant for diabetics, I wouldn't mind changing the sensor but it's just too expensive to discard one, I suggest you phone customer services for freestyle and they will send a new sensor and you will need to return the faulty one, so don't throw it.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just taken my fifth sensor to find that the reason It itched was an awful contact dermatitis infection. I can't say I've ever had a problem with this before, or my previous sensors even. The only difference with this time round was the sensor was lifting from its adhesive which hasn't happened before. I find this strange since there seem to be quite a few reporting this at the same time all having had no issues previously. Might be a unique batch with different adhesive perhaps.

Anyhoo, Merry Crimbo everyone

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouch! Mine is more sore than usual this time, will report when I take it off Wednesday. Maybe if u wear the glue non-stop for x number of weeks ur skin starts to develop an allergy. It's possible. Explains why so many ppl have it. We might need to break every now and then :-(

On another note, I have been **** over Christmas ;(
image.jpg

Idan6a

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi all,
first an update from my last two sensors (had 4 already ). it's seems that every sensor from the last batch start of very close or identical to BG test and in the following 3 hours it' reads 2 mmol lower for the first two days. have no idea what's the reason...

in an other issue- it seems i can't download the software of the device since I'm not from England
can someone pleas send me the software to my email. please! personal email address removed - Anna29
the software can be downloaded from the main page http://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all,
first an update from my last two sensors (had 4 already ). it's seems that every sensor from the last batch start of very close or identical to BG test and in the following 3 hours it' reads 2 mmol lower for the first two days. have no idea what's the reason...
/
Mines exactly the same!!! How odd.

Can't help, I'm using my mobile phone

Idan6a

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thanks anyway Emmontha,

i had a theory that if you have rapid changes during the first hours with the sensor it's goes crazy for the first days, but that again it didn't happen in my first batch.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My Christmas day wasn't the best. Proper himalayas with what would amount to an everest...

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just returned from Xmas in Germany. Arms are starting to heal but looks like it will be a couple more weeks at least until I can try again. I find it very interesting others are now having this around week five. Please report and fingers crossed there is a reason and not just something that some of us will have to live with.

Fingers a little sore from much pricking and my BG hasn't been great. However, I this is my first Xmas since being diagnosed so it was always going to be tricky.

Anyone needing to download the software who is not in the UK should try tunnelbear. It is free for the odd usage and quite straight forward.

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BTW serial numbers on sensors were 0M00000DVAD & 0M00000EX6H wish I still had box with LOT number.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Not to keen on putting my 3rd sensor on. Even more since the skin where the first sensor had been is still a bit dry..think ill wait a while