Freestyle libre

Raymcl1985!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey guys,

I've lots of ppl asking me about the freestyle libre sensor that I'm using. Especially from ppl I meet in bars, restaurants or any social gathering.

This device is a LIFE SAVER! I'm diabetic for 17 years now and in those 17 years this is the most relaxed and confident I feel. Completely life changing.

At the moment it costs €170 for the starter kit (2 sensors and reader) and the individual sensors work out at €65 each and that's every two weeks. So pays to buy in bulk.

U could be spending ur money on worse and if ur a diabetic and from my experience GET ONE u will wonder how u ever managed without it!

Reactions: bushbri

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys,

I've lots of ppl asking me about the freestyle libre sensor that I'm using. Especially from ppl I meet in bars, restaurants or any social gathering.

This device is a LIFE SAVER! I'm diabetic for 17 years now and in those 17 years this is the most relaxed and confident I feel. Completely life changing.

At the moment it costs €170 for the starter kit (2 sensors and reader) and the individual sensors work out at €65 each and that's every two weeks. So pays to buy in bulk.

U could be spending ur money on worse and if ur a diabetic and from my experience GET ONE u will wonder how u ever managed without it!

Ray - I am very pleased you are getting some real benefits from using the Freestyle Libre.

On the forum we have a significant number of full time and more part time users of the Libre. For most users, the benefits are significant, but like all devices or ways of managing diabetes, not everyone gets along with the system, for reasons of their own.

There are some long threads on the Libre, some from before the initial launch. They can be found using the forum search utility and make interesting reading, if you care to look.

Good luck with it all.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey guys,

Totally agree! Been using it for about ten months now. Being able to see blood sugar changing and then being able to respond before I go out of range makes such a difference. It levels the playing field so much. I'm at peace with my T1 now. I feel like I'm co-operating with it instead of fighting it and that's down to libre giving me a heads up on what's happening.

Don't know if you've read Sugar Surfing by Stephen Ponder. Lots of good tips on using cgm/fgm to tweak and nudge sugars.

Also, have a look at www.ambrosiasys.com They're selling a transmitter which goes on top of the libre sensor which will bluetooth results to your phone every five minutes. A word of caution, though, it only launched a couple of weeks back, and, lets say, the results have been mixed. Got pretty much perfect results the first two days, very close to bg meter, then results after that wandered, about half of what meter was reading. Maybe it's just a ratty sensor, I don't know. I'll have another go with it on the last few days of my next sensor. Did a post about it here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dexing-my-libre-blucon-nightrider.122025/