Freestyle Libre

crocky

Hi all - I want to purchase the Freestyle Libre Starter kit. I know I’ll be able to get the sensors on prescription as from November. However does anyone have a discount code so that I can get the system a little cheaper?

Many thanks

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @crocky . Can't help with discount codes. Have you been told you meet the criteria for receiving libre sensors on prescription in November?

crocky

Hi @crocky . Can't help with discount codes. Have you been told you meet the criteria for receiving libre sensors on prescription in November?

No I haven’t but I have spoken to my GP who said as long as the DB team feel it’s appropriate it won’t be a problem. Also in my experience if you shout loud enough and it is possible to get on prescription you will. I currently use the Dario blood testing kit and was initially told by my local NHS trust that I could get the strips on prescription. I argued the case over a couple of phone calls and was then permitted to have it on prescription.

Reactions: therower

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all - I want to purchase the Freestyle Libre Starter kit. I know I’ll be able to get the sensors on prescription as from November. However does anyone have a discount code so that I can get the system a little cheaper?

Many thanks

No dice sorry, though you will be able to get it VAT free. I think there was a code for free shipping going around - post should be in this forum, only a week or so old

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.
Hello Crocky.You can get the V.A.T. knocked off.I don't know of any code.Your doctors sound a bit more obliging than ours .The doctor refused to prescribe test strips,saying i didn't need to test because i am only a type 2 diabetic.The best of luck with sensors.I bought a starter kit 6 months ago.They are very good for detecting blood sugar spikes.It assisted me greatly in reversing my diabetes.Although i found the sensors vary a lot in accuracy,some were way out , 7 or 8 mml .So you will still have to prick your finger to check,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're in the UK, the free shipping code for september is BCCFRDL9. You can look it up in the facebook page Abbott Freestyle Libre users. They put it in the REPLIES to the pinned post every month. Good luck.