Type 1 Freestyle Libre

Docherty

Has anyone been using the freestyle libre & if so, how are you finding it? I'm thinking of buying and want to find out if it is accurate and helps control.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will be lucky can not get them I have been trying on there web page just says sold out
I have emaild them asking when they will get stock in but no reply

Pabloincampo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been issued with a Freestyle Lite by my Practice nurse in Spain but it reads out in a different format to anything else on this forum so cannot comment on accuracy as I have nothing to compare with. The Nurse tests me with a different machine and never comments that my readings differ from his machine

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Pabloincampo
Your freestyle will be in mg/dl so you need to divide by 18 to get the same readings as the ones used on here ( or vice versa,if you have a meter in mmol/l you will have to multiply the meter readings by 18 to see if the libre is in tune with your meter . Mines also in mg/dl because I am in France. Here's one of the reports from when I used mine last at the end of the year. My target is between 70 and 144mg/dl (ie 3.8 and 8mmol/l) you can set that by clicking on the cog and then it is(on mine ) the second option .Mine is in French so I can't tell you what the Spanish would be! The software can be set to English but it won't change the units.
Why don't you get a meter in mg/dl though? It makes it much simpler when you use the unit used in the country. I know from experience that it can cause confusion when a doctor asks you a simple question about what your glucose was and you give them an answer in units that they don't normally use.

libre snp.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to sign up to the waiting list on the website and wait for an email.

There's a big thread in the T1 section with loads of info

Pabloincampo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pabloincampo
Your freestyle will be in mg/dl so you need to divide by 18 to get the same readings as the ones used on here ( or vice versa,if you have a meter in mmol/l you will have to multiply the meter readings by 18 to see if the libre is in tune with your meter . Mines also in mg/dl because I am in France. Here's one of the reports from when I used mine last at the end of the year. My target is between 70 and 144mg/dl (ie 3.8 and 8mmol/l) you can set that by clicking on the cog and then it is(on mine ) the second option .Mine is in French so I can't tell you what the Spanish would be! The software can be set to English but it won't change the units.
Why don't you get a meter in mg/dl though? It makes it much simpler when you use the unit used in the country. I know from experience that it can cause confusion when a doctor asks you a simple question about what your glucose was and you give them an answer in units that they don't normally use.

View attachment 12708 .
Hi Phoenix, thanks for this simple conversion factor. It will make reading the forum much easier. Yes My Glucose meter is in mg/dl I have not tried hooking it up to my computer yet so will be interested to able able to graph my progress.