Frequent snacks/meals?

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
How does one needing to eat frequently still dose rapid insulin frequently?
I can't eat more than 1 cup at a time but need to dose for it. How can a person eat enough in a day when having to space food 4 hours apart?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why would you need to space food 4 hours apart?
I dose for what I'm eating as often as needed.
When I still have active insulin from my last injection, I keep this in mind when calculating my dose.

Reactions: cdpm

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Your right.
I have an excellent record for having 0 hypos. I guess I was just afraid when I had it drilled in and still do about hypos hypos hypos.
Thanks for responding.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Why would you need to space food 4 hours apart?
I dose for what I'm eating as often as needed.
When I still have active insulin from my last injection, I keep this in mind when calculating my dose.
I've never understood the concept of having to keep in mind a previous dose of insulin. Because if a person ate enough then that insulin will work with the previous food eaten too?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never understood the concept of having to keep in mind a previous dose of insulin. Because if a person ate enough then that insulin will work with the previous food eaten too?
It's because many people have been taught to calculate a correction dose along with their mealtime dose whenever they inject for food.
So if your still a bit high from your last meal at your next meal, you add some insulin on top of what you need for your meal.

But if you still have active insulin because you injected less than 4 hours ago, taking this correction on top of your dose for food could lead to a low.

Reactions: cdpm