Frequent toilet trips.

Darts_lad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Only diagnosed in January. But is it normal that either food goes straight through me or after a hour i need to go real bad ? Horrible topic i know,but most days i am in fear of going out.

Reactions: Freema

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Standard Metformin can have an undesired effect on the bowels but if in doubt go back to the drs.

Reactions: Darts_lad
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetics can have toilet issues since the body is trying to rid itself of sugar. This is usually in the getting up in the night for a pee type of issues. If it is the squirts and things like that then the medication can be an issue. Metformin in particular should be taken with meals or if that doesn't work get the SR or slow release Metformin. Tell your nurse about it.

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the opposite affect, before I was diagnosed I would quite often have the squiffs very often 30mins to an hour after a largish meal or if I had allot of sweet stuff I was about to go the doctors about it as it was always inconvenient and unpredictable at times as it happened I ended up getting diagnosed T2 when I ended up ill for 3 months with a Kidney infection and 3 Kidney stones but that's another story.

Since being diagnosed Sept 16 and I have been on Metformin x2 500g tablets a day and a LCHF diet my BS have come right down I am happy to say my toilet habits have gone back to normal I know Metformin affects some on here but for me I think my sugar levels were high and it was my bodies way of trying to get rid of it. Maybe it's just the change in diet but I am happy in that department.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like you are taking metformin, as this is a well known side effect of taking this. With some people it will settle down, others need the slow release version .. or like myself, cannot take it at all .. You need to talk to your Dr