from one extreme to the other

lynbrown

My readings went quite high last night abd just before 11pm, I felt a whoosh in my head, as if I was being thrown to one side. I felt really dizzy and went to bed. My readings were high all during the night, 16 and 15. I felt a bit better this morning but nauseous. I had tea and toast at 9am and tea toast and half a banana at 1pm. I took my usual insulin and tablets. Then at 4pm, from nowhere, I took a hypo 3.6. All in all I feel rotten. What could that whoosh have been? It has happened before a couple of times and it passes over the next day.

Reactions: Janr20

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're on mixed insulin? Is that right? So if you've eaten less carbs than usual today that would explain the hypo. And more carbs than usual yesterday would explain the hyper. On mixed insulin you have to eat a consistent amount of carbs every day to stay in range.

Nausea and head pain sound like hyper symptoms.

Reactions: Janr20

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @lynbrown try and look for repeat patterns, if it's happening a few days on the trot then adjustments need to be made, have you though about trying multiple daily injections so that your injecting for the carbs you eat ? It could also be down to illness/infection that you ran high, hopefully it will settle down.

lynbrown

You're on mixed insulin? Is that right? So if you've eaten less carbs than usual today that would explain the hypo. And more carbs than usual yesterday would explain the hyper. On mixed insulin you have to eat a consistent amount of carbs every day to stay in range.

Nausea and head pain sound like hyper symptoms.
Thanks, you are spot on.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
My readings went quite high last night abd just before 11pm, I felt a whoosh in my head, as if I was being thrown to one side. I felt really dizzy and went to bed. My readings were high all during the night, 16 and 15. I felt a bit better this morning but nauseous. I had tea and toast at 9am and tea toast and half a banana at 1pm. I took my usual insulin and tablets. Then at 4pm, from nowhere, I took a hypo 3.6. All in all I feel rotten. What could that whoosh have been? It has happened before a couple of times and it passes over the next day.
Have your blood pressure checked as a precaution. Sometimes a rise in blood pressure can give sense of dizzyness and loss of balance. Better safe than sorry. I wish you well.