Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like mine is...

Compatability list, here..

The G6 trial I was sent.. Still haven't gotten round to giving it a go..

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Noddy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My phone is not compatible so is there a reader available to scan with dexcom. I am using libre 2 and get readings using the libre scanner

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
My phone is not compatible so is there a reader available to scan with dexcom. I am using libre 2 and get readings using the libre scanner
There's no reader I know of. Is your phone not compatible with the G6 either? As you could have that on trial. It's only 10 days. But free

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought there was a reader … although I would not expect it to be available for the free trial.
Unfortunately, I remember the Dexcom app is more phone model specific than LibreLink (and more basic): if you phone is not on the list “it’s not coming in” to Dexcom world.

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought there was a reader … although I would not expect it to be available for the free trial.
Unfortunately, I remember the Dexcom app is more phone model specific than LibreLink (and more basic): if you phone is not on the list “it’s not coming in” to Dexcom world.
My “rule of thumb.” Is go to the store or Android equivalent. If the app says “compatible with your device?” Try it out..
Did you get a reader with the Dexy G6 trial?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My “rule of thumb.” Is go to the store or Android equivalent. If the app says “compatible with your device?” Try it out..
Did you get a reader with the Dexy G6 trial?
I did not get a reader with the trial.
But I did discover, if your phone is not listed even if it is the same Android version (nit sure what else you could mean by “equivalent”), the app does not work. I forget how exactly. Either the app cannot be downloaded or does not start.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I self fund my Dexcom CGMs and did not get a G6 reader until I upgraded to a iPhone 13 a couple of years ago, as it was quite a long wait before Dexcom finished their testing of this hardware. I now use a G7 and always update my iOS software on time, even if not yet on the official Dexcom compatibility list (i.e., they are still running tests - usually 1-2 months post OS release date). Haven't needed to buy a G7 scanner. Fingers crossed this has been OK for me so far. Planning to skip iPhone 14 (but is Dexcom compatible), maybe see about an iPhone 15 at the end of the year.

Sorry I can't offer any insight re Android devices.