GAD TEST

sharron 64

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi, Last Thursday i was at the diabetic clinic, where they done a blood test to find out if i have LADA. I do not feel well, and the consultant agreed that was the symtoms of high blood sugars, so i thought i would be sorted out soon, when the results from the GAD test comes back, the consultant then told me it takes a month to get the results and in the meantime he was going to hold of with any medication just in case my blood sugars went too low, so he said take your blood everyday for the next week, and if the readings are 10 or over in that week give the clinic a call. I have done as he asked, and out of 20, 15 readings vary between 10 and 15.1, the others are below the 10 three of them in the 9's one was 5 and the other 7.9. Do you think i should give the clinic a call or do you think the consultant meant all the reading i take have to be over 10.

BobCornelius

Hi Sharron,

I would give the clinic a call, you have enough evidence that things are not right!

Call them and let them know your numbers, take it from there!

:)

Bob

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
My GAD test took about 10 days.
In the meantime can you test your keytones if your levels are running high? if they suspect you are really a type 1 you need to check if your levels continuously stay high as you could get DKA.
Give your clinic a call as medication will help and you don't seem to be getting too low.
Regards
Angie

sharron 64

Type of diabetes
LADA
Thanks for the replies. I will call the diabetic clinic tomorrow, see what they say. I would really like to know , but on the other hand no news is good news, if you understand what i mean.