Type 2 Gall stones & Diabetes, What should I expect

ferret22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Having been diagnosed with type 2 went to doc's on Monday with what I thought was poss kidney infection or IBS flare up, Have been having these symptoms on & off for a few years but pain was persistent & getting out of control, after clear urine twst got examined & doc said Gallstones & inflamed gallbladder, Got prescribed ab's & painkillers, Pain is getting worse not better, Eating to take meds is also causing pain & making the sick feeling worse but only a bit of vomiting & also had allergic reaction to penicillin so then another type of ab's & antihistamines that means I can't take some of my meds, In a lot of pain & feeling sick most of the time, also very abnormal pale stools & constipation, Not sure what to do, finish a weeks Ab's then go back to doc's or go to A&E as pain even with painkillers is getting pretty unbearable, I have to go for more blood tests & awaiting appointment for liver scan Advice please

Last edited:

Luciekitty05

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Having been diagnosed with type 2 went to doc's on Monday with what I thought was poss kidney infection or IBS flare up, Have been having these symptoms on & off for a few years but pain was persistent & getting out of control, after clear urine twst got examined & doc said Gallstones & inflamed gallbladder, Got prescribed ab's & painkillers, Pain is getting worse not better, Eating to take meds is also causing pain & making the sick feeling worse but only a bit of vomiting & also had allergic reaction to penicillin so then another type of ab's & antihistamines that means I can't take some of my meds, In a lot of pain & feeling sick most of the time, also very abnormal pale stools & constipation, Not sure what to do, finish a weeks Ab's then go back to doc's or go to A&E as pain even with painkillers is getting pretty unbearable, I have to go for more blood tests & awaiting appointment for liver scan Advice please
I do not know about this, but I wanted to tell you that I am praying for you!

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If the pain is that bad go to the hospital. Gallbladders can get infected. Go let them check you out. Take someone with you as they may give you morphine.

M

ME_Valentijn

Pain is getting worse not better, Eating to take meds is also causing pain & making the sick feeling worse but only a bit of vomiting ....
These are three very good reasons to go to the hospital. Pain and vomiting are impacting your ability to take meds, and it might mean they aren't getting absorbed at all, which will just make the problem worse.

ferret22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BG has been dropping like a brick, had 2 episodes of near passing out Not good. Just sitting down & eating a Disgusting bounty bar to get BG over 4 again, still too wobbly to put kettle on for T. Wondering if pain meds or ab's are affecting BG levels, Normally mine stay High & difficult to get low

JRTwalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I hope you are OK ferret22 and that your antibiotics do the trick.
When my GP first learnt that I was embarking on LCHF diet she got me to promise not to overdo things and try to fast to get faster results. She said that I would potentially make myself ill with gall bladder problems - is there a connection that we should take heed of here?