Genital Itching/Stinging Pubic Area (External Not Internal)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Eridu what foods are you told to eat and not eat on your "diet sheet"? Also, is it specifically for diabetes? Or for a different health condition?

The reason I ask is because few if any forum members here follow the diet promoted by governments or diabetes organizations, because they cause diabetes to progress, not reverse. :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yes I do, normally when I wake up I take it and it is in the 160´s and I need 90 to 120.
When I went totally on their diet sheet for a month my sugars went higher so that really annoyed me, I felt like no matter how good I was being it was still not good enough. So I stopped taking tests so much and cut it down to once a day, it got worrying when I saw no difference at all.
I also read that insomnia can make you fatter, I have chronic insomnia and I have sleeping pills but they only work for so long. I have prozac in the day, this is to quieten my mind down, I have OCD and it stops that a little. I sound terrible lol BUT I have a lot of good info from you all and I will certainly be reading the posts in the vegan forum. YOU are all very kind, thank you!
The first blood glucose reading of the day is notorious for being the most stubborn to control. Try not to worry too much about that one now and concentrate on using your meter to see what effect the foods you eat have on your levels as you begin to cut your carbs.

There are guidelines of what are preferred levels, but you have a lot going on physically and emotionally so don't become disheartened if you are not hitting those targets. Just keep trying. Any improvement is good and if it stops some of your symptoms then that's a bonus.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also get that itching, but a soak in a good hot bath before bed sorts it out, and it is good for the circulation in my feet and legs too.
I don't think it is anything to do with being dirty - I don't put anything in the bathwater, and if I need to wash I shower first, then fill the bath. I think it is something to do with how my skin has changed since diagnosis.
It seems to help with the pains in my legs too, but I can't use any bubble bath or even soap, just plain warm water for at least 10 minutes then a quick dry off and to bed - it helps me to sleep too.
Since I have been bathing rather than showering before I have slept much better, and getting up earlier. I still get nights when I don't feel tired, but they are getting fewer now.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

RogerRam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Eridu,

Sounds like your medical people are irritants for you. Maybe read Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. He followed the American Diabetic Associations guidelines & got sick! He used one of the first blood-sugar meters to monitor exactly what was happening & came up with a low-carb diet. You can get or check the book out on Amazon Kindle.

I have been Type 1 for 52 years & we are now retired to France where I've had to do a lot more physical stuff than I've ever done so exercise is variable. The Abbott Freestyle System has been great for me. Here's a link to their site in Spain http://www.abbottdiabetescare.es/monitorizacion-flash-de-glucosa .

It costs! Here in France the starter kit is €160 or so & the sensors €62. After applying a sensor you can read your blood sugars with the reader (or the Android Smartphone app) as often as you like so you can easily monitor what's occurring without finger-pricking. I was ride-on mowering recently & was surprised how my blood-sugar fell!

Read your post because my irritation is worse with high sugar levels.

Good luck,

Roger

togj

Hi
I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 about 8 years ago but told I may have had it since the birth of my daughter in 1992.
All my symptoms were ignored by UK doctors and put down to depression, anxiety etc due to a very serious car crash before my daughter was born. So every time I had a head ache or was dizzy that is what they blamed it on.

Anyway I moved to Spain and that is where I was diagnosed, but the regime here is very strict and I am told I am not allowed to eat pasta, rice, cous cous, bulgar wheat etc but this is bad as I am a vegan...I NEED those things. So basically my sugars are high all the time because my diet is high in carbohydrates.

So my problem is that I have itching at least 3 to 4 times a month down below...not inside so it is not a yeast infection, there is no odour. I just itch and sting like crazy on my pubic area, my urine is very acidic due to high sugar but this does not go near the area.
So could it be the nerve endings? It does not feel as though the itch/sting is on the surface but just below my skin.
It drives me mad especially at night and I scrat until I am very sore.

I do have trouble with my nerves and I do have damage, my last three fingers and toes have pain in them and I so not get warnings when I need to go to the toilet, so I have to make trips every 15 to 20 mins just to make sure.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Hi

I had a similar problem .I have diabetes 2 in the last 9 years. I thought the itching is because of the diabetes but actually I discovered in the last few weeks that if you are in your menopause (I am 60y) like I am, than there are changes to your body because lack of estrogen .The skin in the pubic area become very thin if we are not taking estrogen, and that the reason for the itching because it is become very sensitive.

If you are in this stage of life I suggest you to go to your gynaecologist Dr, he can help you, like he helped me.

Wish you feel well soon.

valscubasail

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi, have you identified a conection to high blood sugars? If it is still there when B/S are normal have you considered that the itching may be genital excema? This affects the pubic hair area and causes intense itching and stinging just under the skin(similar to scalp excema which causes itching on head)
Genital excema is aggrevated by lots of things including; tight clothing,hair removal products, shaving,heat, sweat, soap products, washing powders,allergic reaction etc.
If you suspect genital excema, discuss with your doctor. Can be treated with Trimavate & usual excema moistuising products, liquid betnovate for scalp helps but it contains alcohol so use carefully.
Do not sleep in pyjama bottoms or pants