Getting miffed with online adds

JohnGL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know about everybody but I'm getting so sick of seeing adverts on the internet saying watch this advert, and at the end you will get a certain product that will clear up your diabetes, because of a new enzyme or a new medical breakthrough, it really is getting ridiculous, its like that fellow that says if you have peanuts and cinnamon it will cure all your ills. I'm just getting so fed up with it. I don't know whether to believe it or not has anybody tried it, does it work or is it just a load of baloney to take you money off you, if it's not true then the internet providers as in Microsoft, Google or any of those large companies that put these ads on should be held responsible and if they're not going to work for people with diabetes they should be removed

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Since when did you expect advertising to be honest?
I stopped buying into that stuff a long way back.
Saying that I'm having very good results eating raw ginger and chewing two cloves a day and not eating after 8pm.
For breakfast I have a tablespoon of EVOO and nothing else not even a drink for at least forty minutes.
I have a tablespoon of ACV last thing at night.
I'm close to having reversed my T2 but not quite there yet.

• Funny
Reactions: JohnGL

JohnGL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Since when did you expect advertising to be honest?
I stopped buying into that stuff a long way back.
Saying that I'm having very good results eating raw ginger and chewing two cloves a day and not eating after 8pm.
For breakfast I have a tablespoon of EVOO and nothing else not even a drink for at least forty minutes.
I have a tablespoon of ACV last thing at night.
I'm close to having reversed my T2 but not quite there yet.
Raw ginger and clove's and what's EVOO the world has gone mad. If it's working for you that's great. Sounds like another fad to me.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Raw ginger and clove's and what's EVOO the world has gone mad. If it's working for you that's great. Sounds like another fad to me.
Extra virgin olive oil.
Ginger is such a powerful blood thinner you are advised to stop taking it 4 days before any surgery.
Similar for cloves and the results for me are clear.
Let food be thy medicine said Hypocrites around three thousand years ago and more recently an NHS doctor says plates before pills.
I've not really removed much from my diet since being diagnosed I've added more things.
Took me a bit of experimenting here and there I should know the results of some blood tests tomorrow I'll post them up.

Reactions: JohnGL

JohnGL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like a plan ginger root can be very strong in flavour that's what puts me off

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Sounds like a plan ginger root can be very strong in flavour that's what puts me off
I'm fortunate in loving ginger and other spices.
Cloves too.
I chew the heads of two in a morning and I have clove and ginger tea with a green tea bag thrown in in the evenings.
Beware because cloves are also blood thinners but I find the two great for moderating my blood pressure and glucose levels.
My approach to having T2 diabetes is a little different than most.
I never say I am a diabetic.
You wouldn't say I am a cancer or I am a broken leg.
I have T2 diabetes but I'm not T2 diabetes.
I think defining myself this way is important for me.
I'm not fighting me I'm fighting an illness.
I also approach my health overall as being part of the fight against T2.
Good food good herbs and spices.
Deal with blood pressure pain gut health etc as a whole system.
No good giving up sugar but ignoring the blood pressure.
No good dealing with the blood pressure but ignoring your gut health.
I take no diabetes medication I take no statins and I'm constantly the best recovering T2 at my surgery.
I don't eat breakfast cereals and keep my white flour intake to a minimum.
I do eat porridge probably five mornings a week with blueberries dates nuts ginger.
I'm not fanatical and will have a slice of pizza some pasta spuds etc but in moderation.
I don't eat crisps and biscuits sweets chocolate etc but I do eat high cocoa dark chocolate occasionally.
I never count or weigh anything I drink a bottle of whiskey once a month and a bottle of red I'm doing pretty well.
My fasting bloods in the morning range from 5.5 to 7.5.
I'm not advocating anyone copies me we're all different and respond differently to whatever we put in our mouths our bodies.
Gut microbiome makes sense and is important to me.
That microbiome starts in the mouth so I ditched mouthwash.
I have never known anything about foods or my own body but I daily read or watch videos in researching my own situation which I encourage everyone to do in fact it's a must!
I've now been using dumbells fifteen minutes daily to get my blood circulating and my veins and arteries opening up all good for the heart and forcing glucose out of my blood and into my cells.
That's about the most serious exercise I get as I can't walk far or often due to tumours on my spinal cord that give me a lot of problems fairly often.
They are not going to kill me because they're benign but they mess with nerves causing pain or loss of feeling.
All the best folks remember you are not a diabetic you have a disease called diabetes deal with it as best you can and I don't think sticking to one thing forever is a particularly good idea.
We change and so should our habits.
Don't be afraid to experiment within the boundaries of your health and condition.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Doc phoned said cholesterol levels now 5.8 so still a little work to do but she agrees no need for medication the way I'm headed.