13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@Barry Holt hello! Here are official nos. TYPE 2 diabetics 4-7 before meals. Under 8.5 2hrs after meals NON DIABETIC. 4-5.9 before meals Under 7.8 2hrs after meals. FASTING type 2s under 6.9 ideal 4-7. Non-diabetic 3.9-5.5 HbA1c type 2 6.5% or 48mmol. NON-DIABETIC 4.5.-9% or 29-41mmol
Now, please will you believe that you are in the non-dianbetic range? Cheers!

MarcoRiveira

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Typically it would last a couple of hours before going back to my baseline of around 108mg.

A typical brew is usually about 5g of tea leaves. Which is steeped in 100ml for less than a minute. And often you can have up to 5 or more steeps. So a strong brew would be either to increase the amount of tea leaves eg 10g or longer steep.

Here is a sample reading after taking about 300ml of raw puer tea. During my first week I have tried many different Chinese herbs, ginseng, notoginseng, hawthorn, astragalus and various others without such remarkable effect.

I have just tried raw Pu erh tea tonight. 4 hours later after dinner and about to go to bed, I am at 4.4. I don't know if it's the pu erh tea, mixed with gymnema tea, or whether my BS is just improving. I usually am in the low 5s before bed, that was about 2 weeks ago. Now worried, so took some normal chocolates. Will do a more monitored test tomorrow in the daytime.

Reactions: 3 people

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just tried raw Pu erh tea tonight. 4 hours later after dinner and about to go to bed, I am at 4.4. I don't know if it's the pu erh tea, mixed with gymnema tea, or whether my BS is just improving. I usually am in the low 5s before bed, that was about 2 weeks ago. Now worried, so took some normal chocolates. Will do a more monitored test tomorrow in the daytime.

Yes if the tea is strong it can go below 4 and cause a little bit of heart palpitation, like strong coffee. So it is always recommended to have the tea after meals. And also preferably not before sleep.