Glucose dumps?

SkintDiva

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat what I want to! American tv programmes
Hi, As I am new here I have been reading lots of informative posts tonight and came across one which mentioned that the liver sometimes/always(?) dumps glucose in the early morning on waking. Have I got that right? Could this be the reason for my nausea and dizziness early morning? What is the remedy if so? I am type 2 for 7 years now and on diet only. Any advice gratefully received!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, As I am new here I have been reading lots of informative posts tonight and came across one which mentioned that the liver sometimes/always(?) dumps glucose in the early morning on waking. Have I got that right? Could this be the reason for my nausea and dizziness early morning? What is the remedy if so? I am type 2 for 7 years now and on diet only. Any advice gratefully received!
Hi,
Yes you read right, the liver provides your body with extra glucose to prepare you for the day. How much? Well, this is an individual thing, some get high, some low, some none!
It is called, the dawn phenomenon. Most will suggest, to do normal things and if you are working or not. If you are able have a walk for about half an hour, this will gradually bring your blood glucose levels down.
If you use the search function and have a read about the topic, there has been many threads on this. I personally don't get it.

Reactions: 2 people

SkintDiva

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat what I want to! American tv programmes
Nosher, thank you for the explanation. I must read further on this topic. Can you suggest any articles or books please?