Goji berries

Jllo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone on this forum type 1 type 2 or Type3c eat Goji berries?
I have just read that it could interact with diabetes drugs

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone on this forum type 1 type 2 or Type3c eat Goji berries?
I have just read that it could interact with diabetes drugs
What drugs?
I only take insulin and the affect on injected insulin should be the same as as the affect on the insulin form a healthy pancreas.
I have eaten goji berries (and rooibos tea with goji berries) without any problems but maybe you are referring to oral meds.

Jllo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
What drugs?
I only take insulin and the affect on injected insulin should be the same as as the affect on the insulin form a healthy pancreas.
I have eaten goji berries (and rooibos tea with goji berries) without any problems but maybe you are referring to oral meds.

Thank you
I am referring to insulin injection. I don’t have a pancreas so do not make any insulin
Having researched further I feel that they will be good for me.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having a read round google they can apparently lower BG & blood pressure, help with creating good cholesterol amongst other things they have a lot of good properties it seems. I eat them occasionally with linseed and chi seeds ground up, haven’t noticed if they affect my BG, blood pressure but I do like them - I’m diet only so it may be different for you, maybe if the claims are true it’s worth keeping an eye on your BG when you do eat them