Good Morning

D

debrasue

@debrasue - Are you Ok? Not seen you about over the weekend. William x
Hi William. Nope, unfortunately not. :(
I had to work over the weekend, but I have caught a cold off TT No 2 now and I'm struggling to breathe. Haven't even managed to get out of bed today. Not in a happy place. :(
How is your pain? Is the morphine helping?
x

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I had to work over the weekend, but I have caught a cold off TT No 2 now and I'm struggling to breathe. Haven't even managed to get out of bed today. Not in a happy place. :(
x
I Hope your cold goes fast @debrasue Get well soon xx

Reactions: debrasue

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
x

Sorry to hear that @debrasue - Keep warm, drink plenty of fluids and that even means a wee dram or two for Medicinal purposes - Of Course!!
Morphine is making me feel really Yuk!! It is easing the pain - then when it wears off pain is back with a vengeance. I am taking the Morphine every 2 hours (GP advised me to) seeing GP Wednesday morning to see/ discuss Pain situation.
I hope you get better really soon? We need your Bubbly Personality on here, sending you big HUGS. William xx:)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thanks hun - good luck at the doc's this afternoon x
Thanks Debs... I hope I come home again... no carting me off to the bleeping hospital!!!

D

debrasue

Sorry to hear that @debrasue - Keep warm, drink plenty of fluids and that even means a wee dram or two for Medicinal purposes - Of Course!!
Morphine is making me feel really Yuk!! It is easing the pain - then when it wears off pain is back with a vengeance. I am taking the Morphine every 2 hours (GP advised me to) seeing GP Wednesday morning to see/ discuss Pain situation.
I hope you get better really soon? We need your Bubbly Personality on here, sending you big HUGS. William xx:)
Thanks William.
I'm sorry the morphine is making you feel bad - it does make some people a bit nauseous... but I'm glad it's holding off the pain a bit. Good luck on Wednesday. Hugs xx

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Any news? xx
Got the name and number of the Neuro. If I have heard nothing by Tuesday I will be phoning her and asking for a prompt appointment. Now on Gabapentin will see how I go with this! Short of taking my head off with an axe there is not much they can do. He says it is no bad thing that it is entering its sixth week... as other things would have caused faster reactions! I don't care what it is... I just want it gone!!!

D

debrasue

Got the name and number of the Neuro. If I have heard nothing by Tuesday I will be phoning her and asking for a prompt appointment. Now on Gabapentin will see how I go with this! Short of taking my head off with an axe there is not much they can do. He says it is no bad thing that it is entering its sixth week... as other things would have caused faster reactions! I don't care what it is... I just want it gone!!!
An unresolved headache is horrendous - I really feel for you. I had a botched epidural anaesthetic many years ago, which resulted in an unplanned loss of spinal fluid (a bit like an unintentional lumbar puncture) and the headache and blurred vision from that took about 2 months to clear. Nightmare.... Sending hugs and hope you get to speak to the neurologist soon xx

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
An unresolved headache is horrendous - I really feel for you. I had a botched epidural anaesthetic many years ago, which resulted in an unplanned loss of spinal fluid (a bit like an unintentional lumbar puncture) and the headache and blurred vision from that took about 2 months to clear. Nightmare.... Sending hugs and hope you get to speak to the neurologist soon xx
Thank you Debs, I will be phoning tomorrow after the post has been! Your epidural sounds horrendous, you poor thing! xx

D

debrasue

Thank you Debs, I will be phoning tomorrow after the post has been! Your epidural sounds horrendous, you poor thing! xx
Well it was about 15 years ago and was actually the least of my problems at the time! (Long story...)
Let us know how you get on tomorrow xx

Reactions: Liam1955

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Well it was about 15 years ago and was actually the least of my problems at the time! (Long story...)
Let us know how you get on tomorrow xx
I want to tear my head off and throw it at the wall....!!!!! I have take the Gabapentin took it a couple of hours ago..... it will take time to build up I am told!! Anyone want to buy a head, somewhat used, wears specs for reading and driving... long hair. Can be worn up or down...what else... eyes change colour according to what I am wearing!! LOL Nominal fee!

Reactions: Freema
D

debrasue

I want to tear my head off and throw it at the wall....!!!!! I have take the Gabapentin took it a couple of hours ago..... it will take time to build up I am told!! Anyone want to buy a head, somewhat used, wears specs for reading and driving... long hair. Can be worn up or down...what else... eyes change colour according to what I am wearing!! LOL Nominal fee!
Sending big hugs xxxxx :(:(:(:(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
x
Oh no.
You're not on naproxen, are you?
I hope just a stupid cold. Mine is still going on, and on.
Congestion with spitting blood?
Ive put mine down to a virus but heart is still getting scanned in december. I think the ecg showing an inversion where one shouldnt be is a bit worrying. And that was before this nasty cold/ virus.
Debra i had to double up on ibuprofen and co-codamol to get relief from sore throat. Its a bad one.
I hope you have plenty tablets in and remedies to help. Lemsip interferred with my metformin treatment. I am so relieved I'm on insulin to keep things down. Although ive had near misses after sickness bouts.
I started a new thread called Uk night owl if your up aeaiting a med to kick in. X

Reactions: Freema
D

debrasue

Oh no.
You're not on naproxen, are you?
I hope just a stupid cold. Mine is still going on, and on.
Congestion with spitting blood?
Ive put mine down to a virus but heart is still getting scanned in december. I think the ecg showing an inversion where one shouldnt be is a bit worrying. And that was before this nasty cold/ virus.
Debra i had to double up on ibuprofen and co-codamol to get relief from sore throat. Its a bad one.
I hope you have plenty tablets in and remedies to help. Lemsip interferred with my metformin treatment. I am so relieved I'm on insulin to keep things down. Although ive had near misses after sickness bouts.
I started a new thread called Uk night owl if your up aeaiting a med to kick in. X
Hi Vicky
No, I'm not on Naproxen - it's one of the many I don't take because I don't like the side effects. I hope it's just a stupid cold too, but I'm not 100% convinced yet - time will tell, I guess. I have lots of meds and remedies here but I'm not actually taking anything at this stage - I prefer to keep meds to a minimum and ride it out if I can.
I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rough time at present and I hope you start to see some improvement soon. I found your Night Owl thread and I'm sure we'll catch up on there sooner or later, as my sleep patterns are rubbish! The only consolation is that, not having to work, at least it doesn't matter if I'm wide awake at 2am.
Sending you big hugs and hopes for a quick recovery xx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, we're changing back to BT today so our broadband is patchy at best. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning folks, it's cold and frosty out there today. Everyone stay safe!

Reactions: mist

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
1/12 - Good Morning from a cold and dull York. Hope you all enjoy the day. And hugs to those who are ill. :)