Got my induction date!

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As the title says, I've been given my induction date.
I'm being induced on 6th April at 37 weeks.

Can I hear your induction stories please?
The good, the bad and the ugly!

Very excited (it's all suddenly became real!)

Claire x

Reactions: 6 people

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
I can't give you any stories, sorry, as I am only 19 weeks myself but wanted to let you know that I will have my fingers crossed for you! Exciting! xx

Reactions: 2 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't give you any stories, sorry, as I am only 19 weeks myself but wanted to let you know that I will have my fingers crossed for you! Exciting! xx
Thank you, it hasn't really seemed real until now (crazy I know!)
All the best to you too!

Claire x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good news you have a date :)

I think every woman reacts differently to induction. If you've not been induced before, then you won't know how long or short the process will be. So my advice is to psych yourself up for a long haul, and then you can be pleasantly surprised if it happens quickly :) Take things to entertain you - books, music,magazines, etc.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @azure that's a good idea, I'm currently writing a list of things to pack so will add those to it :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @azure that's a good idea, I'm currently writing a list of things to pack so will add those to it :)

Don't forget Lucozade, glucose and snacks! The hypos after birth can be strangely sudden. I was gulping Lucozade and munching snacks a lot.

I had an extensive list because I didn't want to not have something with me : D One good thing to pack is flip flops for the shower, if they're not on your list already. Remember too that you won't know how long you'll be in until after you've given birth so pack enough for a few days :)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news Claire, excited for you

Can't share my own story yet as I'm currently 26w but I know lots of the girls will post theirs, I think there was a similar post a month or so ago and a few people shared theirs if you wanna scroll through

Sure it will fly by for you :) xx

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone is different - I didn't have a good time - it was v painful and failed/wasn't working quick enough but I had pre eclampsia and my dd was 35w so might have been something to do with that. Ended up with emergency section as was ill with the PE and dd heart rate falling fast. Opted for section with my twins as didn't want to go through all that again amongst other things.

I bought some TV package found it helped at the time some distraction in between the tightenings.

Defo with the lucozade and snacks nearby-don't underestimate your tiredness either as it can hamper your signs of hypos after xx

courtenayjane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow!! That is so soon!! You must be really excited!

Can I ask, I have been told that I will be induced at 38 weeks, is the polyhydramnios the reason you are being induced earlier?

Ps I am going to write down everyone's tips as well! X

jade88

Hi Claire,
I was induced in Jan at 38 weeks. I was induced at 2pm on the Monday and contractions started at 5pm - they were small at first like period pains didn't really start to intensify until the following day!
Once in active labour I was put on a sliding scale which was actually a blessing as I didn't have to worry about taking my insulin!
I gave birth on the Tuesday afternoon at 5:30pm natural delivery with only gas and air! I was pleasantly suprised as I had been warned being induced could make it a longer labour but was lucky and responded well to the induction.
Baby was born with low blood sugar do spent a little time in neonatal but very common with diabetic mothers! I now have a healthy 8 week old boy and couldn't be happier!
Best advice I can give you is keep an open mind don't rule anything out and listen to the midwife! If you do what she says it will make the process a lot easier! Good luck! xxx

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
As the title says, I've been given my induction date.
I'm being induced on 6th April at 37 weeks.

Can I hear your induction stories please?
The good, the bad and the ugly!

Very excited (it's all suddenly became real!)

Claire x

Hi Claire, you sound so excited, congratulations and good luck, wishing you all the best for a safe and a healthy delivery:). (My adult son was due on the 9th April, but arrived on the 14th ( the day date the Titanic sank !!) not diabetic then.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your replies everyone :) I'm taking it all on board!

@courtenayjane partly down to the waters but mainly because it's a huge baby according to the scans. I had a scan yesterday (34 weeks) and it's measuring at about 7.5lbs so they decided there and then to book me in. If the scans are right then it's been putting on a pound a week so they didn't want to let it get to 38 weeks x

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good luck - two weeks to go. Got the bedroom all sorted and the cot, pushchair, car seat, bank loan, lots of caffiene for those sleepless night - oh wait you can't have caffeine anymore when pregnant/breast feeding I hear.

Fingers crossed for a healthy and happy delivery.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@kitty55 it did for me! It was planned for a long time but still didn't sink in until now, I don't think it'll totally sink in until it's here!

@Andrew Colvin all prepared I think, there's bound to be something important I've forgotten!
Thank you for your good wishes :)

Claire x

courtenayjane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got mine too! Looks like a I am only going to be a few days behind you. They have pulled mine forward because they are a bit worried that I am still no requiring any extra insulin, in fact, I am now on about half my pre pregnancy basal and the same bolus - and still having hypos every day!
After feeling like I have been pregnant forever, it suddenly feels like the main event is coming up VERY quickly!

Reactions: 6 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just got mine too! Looks like a I am only going to be a few days behind you. They have pulled mine forward because they are a bit worried that I am still no requiring any extra insulin, in fact, I am now on about half my pre pregnancy basal and the same bolus - and still having hypos every day!
After feeling like I have been pregnant forever, it suddenly feels like the main event is coming up VERY quickly!
Hurrah!!!

Congratulations, I know what you mean about feeling like it's been forever!

Hope it all goes well xxx