Green Cola - Stevia fizzy

Rhomulous

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. I'm totally new to this T2DM thing and am trying to formulate my meals and snacks etc... crazy amount if conflicting info out there.

I'm aiming for a low carb diet but have a question about fizzy drinks. I know the usual suspects have aspartame which is no good at all for us, but I found a drink thats sweetened with Stevia called "GREEN COLA". Has anyone had encounters with this drink? I'm led to believe stevia doesn't elicit an insulin response.

Sorry if this has been discussed before - I tried to find previous discussions but didn't find anything about this particular fizzy.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. I'm totally new to this T2DM thing and am trying to formulate my meals and snacks etc... crazy amount if conflicting info out there.

I'm aiming for a low carb diet but have a question about fizzy drinks. I know the usual suspects have aspartame which is no good at all for us, but I found a drink thats sweetened with Stevia called "GREEN COLA". Has anyone had encounters with this drink? I'm led to believe stevia doesn't elicit an insulin response.

Sorry if this has been discussed before - I tried to find previous discussions but didn't find anything about this particular fizzy.
Some people can spike a bit after a sweetener, whether it's natural like stevia or artificial... Your meter'll tell you. But all in all it looks fine to try.

Reactions: Rhomulous

Rhomulous

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Considering how many people are practically addicted to fizzy drinks, I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. It broke my heart to stop drinking Coke Zero (other products are available )

Now I have to focus and work out the food to accompany the drink! Sorry, only diagnosed yesterday

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Considering how many people are practically addicted to fizzy drinks, I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. It broke my heart to stop drinking Coke Zero (other products are available )

Now I have to focus and work out the food to accompany the drink! Sorry, only diagnosed yesterday
No need to apologise! Here's a bit of a quick-start-guide, maybe it's of some use to you. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/

If there's anything you need help with, we're right here.

Reactions: Mike d

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Stevia does not spike me but I try to have it now and again

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can only drink fizzy water these days as everything is too sweet for my taste now.
I can't even use a sugar free jelly, as it is overly artificially sweetened.