Guilt

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
It happens to all of us occasionally. We are only human. I try to manage it by attempting to only binge on low(ish) carb things, such as Lindt 90% dark chocolate (even a whole 100gm bar is only 14gms of carbs) or on vintage cheddar cheese (virtually zero carbs). The only drawback is that both are highly calorific even though they don't hurt my blood glucose.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t get stressed about it, we’ve all done it and will probably all do it again. You’ve had some good advice so I’ll not repeat it, I’m an emotional and stress eater and it is sometimes a struggle, having some safe foods to binge on in the house does help.

I go for cheese, sugar free jellies with cream, pork scratchings, egg mayo, I love cooked cold veggies and always have some in the fridge - they do have carbs but they are not disastrous.

I try not to but sometimes just a little bit of a snack at first craving can ward off a binge for me.

Reactions: EllieM and kat1994

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
It's definitely worth getting back on the wagon and also giving yourself a pat on the back for all the times you've looked after yourself well