Had my first appointment yesterday

Kt0905

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advise in my first post. Had my first appointment yesterday.
She tested my bloods which had gone to 12.3 that was about 2.5 hours after my lunch. I know it high but also the lowest it's been on a test. She was happy with that I have only just gone to 3 tablets a day.
They have given my 50 needles and strips but did say after that I would not get any more. Unless bloods still really all over the place.
Mum was type 2 before she passed away and could have come from that. As she said I was quite young to have just developed it.
On the 12th Dec my hba1c was 105 during blood tests I had when I was having my miss carriage and my fasting test on the 5th of Jan was 92. She said it could have been this high due to the stress of the miss carriage.
She has set me up for eye test, feet and said will do my bloods again in 3 months to get new hba1c reading.
Diet information she gave me I not sure if out of date as mention eating starchy foods but everywhere else says don't?
Starting to feel a lot better about all of this so again just want to thank you for all the support

Oh had my lowest reading today of 8.9 which was just before lunch x

Kirsty xx

Robkww

Hi all

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advise in my first post. Had my first appointment yesterday.
She tested my bloods which had gone to 12.3 that was about 2.5 hours after my lunch. I know it high but also the lowest it's been on a test. She was happy with that I have only just gone to 3 tablets a day.
They have given my 50 needles and strips but did say after that I would not get any more. Unless bloods still really all over the place.
Mum was type 2 before she passed away and could have come from that. As she said I was quite young to have just developed it.
On the 12th Dec my hba1c was 105 during blood tests I had when I was having my miss carriage and my fasting test on the 5th of Jan was 92. She said it could have been this high due to the stress of the miss carriage.
She has set me up for eye test, feet and said will do my bloods again in 3 months to get new hba1c reading.
Diet information she gave me I not sure if out of date as mention eating starchy foods but everywhere else says don't?
Starting to feel a lot better about all of this so again just want to thank you for all the support

Oh had my lowest reading today of 8.9 which was just before lunch x

Kirsty xx

Good for you Kirsty - low carb diet and increased exercise helped me a lot. Stick at it and keep us posted on your progress.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started off at similar blood glucose levels, but by eating low carb I have seen my numbers reduce and although they are dancing around now the average is much lower, and it is not as a result of eating carbs. I do not take any tablets as they turned my brain to mush - only today I realised I have lost my keys - so I am trying quite hard to avoid spikes. I have all the resistance of a marshmallow normally - but I am determined to reduce my weight and keep my numbers going down.