happy "accident"?

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I had been considering seeing the opticians again as vision had been steadily getting poorer through my current spectacles (yes they had been cleaned!!! and yes, I could still read a number plate at the official distance), however, today, I did some serious strimming and not wanting to get my glasses messed up, I wore my older previous prescription glasses... wow... everything was back in focus... saved myself several hundred pounds for a new pair of glasses...

ps. I had lost 2 stones in weight since being diagnosed, have now got my blood pressure under control and way less than it used to be, and my blood sugars are now reasonable being under 7 most times at the 2 hour post prandial point... I hate to think what they had been doing before being diagnosed when I was making plenty of trips to the little room and drinking loads of fluids... amazing what cutting back on the carbs instead of cutting back on the fat can do... :)

pps. just a couple more pounds to get off and I'm no longer in the obese category by my BMI, just overweight instead... Looking at me, you wouldn't think I was classified as obese either...

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Good news, Paul. That's a remarkable improvement in vision - presumably you were tested when diabetes was affecting your sight, & before you started getting it under control.

I'm still wearing the same prescription from before I was diagnosed (12 years ago)