Have a smile on me. X

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
You gotta love the genius of mothers.

Hi @4ratbags. I too think this Mother is a genius. Can't believe I didn't think of something like this when MY son was younger. Do you think it works with husbands?? ;) X

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hello folks. Well, it's another rainy Friday in Newcastle. BUT, the Met Office says it's gonna be a hot, hot, hot weekend. Yeah, right!! :cool::rolleyes: I've found some pics of signs & billboard posters that made me laugh. Hope you like them too. X

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have you ever eaten at a restaurant or stayed at a hotel that just didn't live up to the hype. I know I have. From hotel rooms where the shower cubicle door jammed shut....with me starkers & freezing inside. To so called designer bistros where their crepes were like frisbees & served by a waiter who helpfully picked my husbands dropped napkin off the floor, spilling the hot contents of the plate he was carrying at the time into the lap of my surprised other half. Talk about meat and two veg!!! We weren't charged for our meal. Oh really! Lmao. :facepalm::D

Some people keep their head down & just put up with it when the service they receive is less than should be expected. On the other hand, some people go for it bigstyle
& fire off just the most perfect, witty, cringe-making letter of complaint. Take a look at this one.....sooooooo funny! Don't be put off by the length. It's too good to miss.

Horrific Hotel Stay Results In The Funniest Complaint Letter

Britannia Hotels Ltd
Halecroft,
253 Hale Road,
Hale,
Altrincham,
Cheshire, WA15 8RE

Dear Customer Relations,

What good fortune that I happened to stay in your hotel on Primrose Hill Road this week. Normally, I would stay in Bloomsbury but for some unknown reason, all central London hotels were full and for a while, I thought that I wasn’t going to find anywhere to stay at all. However, Lady Luck smiled on me and guided me to your revolving door. Little did I realise how fortunate I had been.

I noticed at once the remarkable interior design of the lobby, bar and restaurant areas. The seventies style really is making a comeback isn’t it? The fact that yours is actually original gives the place that touch of real authenticity. I bet that one of the Board of Directors’ wives has (or had, she may be dead by now of course) a real talent for combining ‘eclectic’ pieces of furniture and remarkable flowery wallcoverings to create spaces of stunning originality.

The lighting was also very good – and bright. I can’t be doing with all this low level atmospheric lighting you see so much of nowadays. No point in having a great interior if it’s too dark to see it and you never know when you might have to indulge in a bit of complex cardio-thoracic surgery so it’s better to be safe than sorry, I say.

It was a little unusual to be asked to pay the £140.60 room rate in advance however. Normally, a credit card authorisation would be taken and the bill settled the following morning. Could it be that your guests were less inclined to pay their bill after they had seen their room? That was a little worrying.

You can imagine how relieved I was therefore when, arriving at my bedroom, I found that the Director’s wife had used her considerable creative talents here too. More flowery wallpaper adorned every vertical surface (except for the bits that were peeling off) and I thought that the purple flowers were a perfect match for the dark green carpet. I couldn’t quite work out whether the assorted bodily fluid stains were part of the original design scheme or just the natural consequence of many happy visits over the years but I thought that they added a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ to the interior.

The peeling wallpaper theme was cleverly continued into the bathroom where cracked tiles and gaping holes in the walls provided some welcome relief to the otherwise boring flatness of the tiling. It was so good to see that your maintenance department hadn’t spoiled things by making unnecessary repairs.

The maintenance team also deserves my heartfelt thanks for disconnecting the bathroom extract system. I hate to see myself in the mirror when I’m shaving and I like it when a bathroom gets all steamy and water runs down the walls. I think that all that the black mould growing on the ceiling over the bath was a small price to pay for all that lovely humidity.

In this digital age, I really miss the steady ticking of an old fashioned alarm clock when I’m going to sleep so the incessant drum beat of the water dripping from the leaky shower head on to the bath tap below was a most welcome substitute.

Back in the bedroom, I also loved the way that the smoke detector had been decorated. The addition of the little frill of toilet paper that had been so tastefully taped around it was a stroke of genius and succeeded in transforming the otherwise banal object into a thing of beauty.

However, despite this positive treasury of sensory delights, my absolute clear favourite was getting knocked out by the ‘chandelier’. How terribly thoughtful of you to suspend the extraordinarily heavy light fitting such that the bulbous, brass extremity lay so precisely at eyebrow level. The resulting concussion was a considerable aid to a restful night’s sleep and I only needed to spend a few minutes counting the bedsprings sticking into my back before I was dreaming peacefully.

Finally, I must say that I really enjoyed the breakfast, cooked fresh on Wednesday morning. Of course, by the time I actually ate it on Friday, it was perhaps a little past its absolute best and the brown and crispy fried eggs were probably a bit ‘nouvelle cuisine’ for my unsophisticated tastes. I can say however that following the breakfast, I was passing so much wind that I could have farted the national anthem and that is usually a sign of a **** fine breakfast.

Please be good enough to let me know when you’re next putting your prices up so I can come back and experience even more of your extraordinary good value.

Yours etc,
Anthony

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @4ratbags. I too think this Mother is a genius. Can't believe I didn't think of something like this when MY son was younger. Do you think it works with husbands?? ;) X
I must earn about 1000 points daily and I've a full time job as well.
But us husbands are better at things than wives will ever be or are too delicate to try!;):rolleyes::angelic:

Reactions: 2 people

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Doriand. LOVE the pics you posted. My fav is "I'm a towel." :D X

Here's some random pics thrown into the mix for today. X

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You gotta love the look on that poor boys face, it makes you wonder how on earth she got up there though. :confused:

The last one reminds me of two of my girls, they used to wave out to everyone, it usually confused people or made them smile. :D

Reactions: 4 people
S

Shar67

Love the lipstick one, my little foster dog like a rummage in a handbag, he eats anything paper as he has no teeth

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Janiept

Expert
I keep clicking likes Alison but it's not the same as thanks so here's a big

Thank you
for all the laughs and smiles you give us every day :happy:

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Awwwww...that's lovely of you @Janiept. What a good sort you are. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people