Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi, can anyone else relate to this?
So Saturday evening & best friend comes to visit. Being Saturday night we shared a Chinese meal & a bottle of white wine each. Meal was all weighed & carb counted & wine was lovely & cold. Fast forward till today....... set a temp bolus of 30% reduction to combat the alcohol last night but despite this still had a few lows today. Normally the 30% works & I've had a reasonably lazy day.
Does anyone else struggle to keep BG up the day after or generally have a low day without pinpointing a reason why?
31 years type 1 & I still get perplexed, lol.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I have low days, with no obvious reason, and no alcohol involved.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In my 20's it used to drive me mad having random highs and lows for no apparent reason, then in my early thirties I had a really good consultant who told me I'd just need to accept that some days things will not go to plan no matter how well organised and my body will do things that I'm unable to control. So then I stopped beating myself up over these days and just accept that if I've done everything right then its something out of my control. I know this doesn't help but I rarely ever have lows the day after an evening bottle of wine, after 45+ yrs of drinking I've no idea why.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
In my 20's it used to drive me mad having random highs and lows for no apparent reason, then in my early thirties I had a really good consultant who told me I'd just need to accept that some days things will not go to plan no matter how well organised and my body will do things that I'm unable to control. So then I stopped beating myself up over these days and just accept that if I've done everything right then its something out of my control. I know this doesn't help but I rarely ever have lows the day after an evening bottle of wine, after 45+ yrs of drinking I've no idea why.
That was good advice which I'm going to try & keep in mind as I never stop trying to keep on top of it. I just get annoyed as I've had 4 really great days & then today, hey ho.....