Having symptoms but test negative

Hi all,

I've been suffering for a while with bladder-related problems including, at times, quite severe polyuria which seemed to come out of the blue (as in probably 5 or 6 full bladders in a row at 15-20 minute intervals). My eyesight is also, debatably, 'funny', possibly you could call it blurry. Recently I noticed that when I have a particularly sugary bowl of porridge, it seems to happen just after that - and also (tentatively) after fresh orange juice and tomato soup.

Naturally I went to see the doctor to get tested for diabetes, and they sent me for a blood test, but that came back negative so I'm told. So now I'm a bit stuck wondering what's going on. Could it still be diabetes, or is there maybe something else perhaps in the oats themselves that might be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

cherylle

Hiya i was told i had type 2 back in jan this year constantly on the toilet with my bladder.water infections very burred vision constantly tired.When i went to my g.p i had to have 3 blood tests before thy whould give me medication.I was over weight so now i eat healty take my meds and feel loads better. And lost weight. To be honest i think i had it for 18 months id go back to my g.p dont worry i hope this helps.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Buy yourself a meter and check your BG levels 5 minutes before a meal and 2 hours after. You can have a normal fasting blood glucose level but still have high readings after eating. Doing your own readings will give you a better idea than a one-off test. You may find that you are well within normal non diabetic ranges, in which case you can get on with your life. If your post meal readings are on the 7s, 8s or 9s, then get back to your GP with those figures and demand further tests.

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Pay attention to your after meal readings. If these are higher than normal you should take them to the GP to her to arrange a GTT. The upper limit for a non-diabetic 2 hours after the start of a meal is 7.8. Check with different meals as you may well get a different reading depending on what you ate. My evening meal is always the highest.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App