Hba1c result

xgemmiex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I phoned the surgery for the results of this first test because I don't see the nurse again for another two weeks.

114mmol!

That sounds very high even to me, should I be really worried about this? Or just worried?

I've ordered a CodeFree meter today because I didn't want to wait another 2 weeks and then the nurse say she won't prescribe one.

I already don't trust my Diabetes Nurse because when I told her I already eat seedy bread, diet coke, low fat mayo etc, she said "oh well, you're doing everything right" Obviously I wasn't.

I'm doing my best to follow LCHF diet but I'm not confident of high fat in case I've got the carb levels wrong. Hence the need for a meter.

Anyway, I'm waffling now, I just wanted to share the moderate excitement of waiting for the meter to arrive :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I phoned the surgery for the results of this first test because I don't see the nurse again for another two weeks.

114mmol!

That sounds very high even to me, should I be really worried about this? Or just worried?

I've ordered a CodeFree meter today because I didn't want to wait another 2 weeks and then the nurse say she won't prescribe one.

I already don't trust my Diabetes Nurse because when I told her I already eat seedy bread, diet coke, low fat mayo etc, she said "oh well, you're doing everything right" Obviously I wasn't.

I'm doing my best to follow LCHF diet but I'm not confident of high fat in case I've got the carb levels wrong. Hence the need for a meter.

Anyway, I'm waffling now, I just wanted to share the moderate excitement of waiting for the meter to arrive :)

You've made the right decision about the meter! :D
And don't worry - if you end up with 2, you can always find a use for it. I have 3 codefrees, one by my armchair, one in my handbag, and one by the bed. I test more regularly if I don't have to go fetch the meter.

Your HbA1c result is higher than you want.
But it is also something you CAN change.
And your meter is the best way to do that.
:)

Reactions: 2 people