Hba1c results :-(

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello, not been here for a long time

My hba1c used to be 52 well controlled I think.

Past year: Lost Mum, had a new hip and had to be circumcised :-(

Just had an Hba1c result of 96 = 9.1 I asked the doctor if what I have been through could be the part cause. all he said was I will up your medication. GREAT ADVICE I have now started exercising again and last week (due to a bad hip) was the first time I rode a bike in 3 years...

Any encouragement or advice would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Bazzakins and Japes

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low Carb and exercising But now I have missed out the exercising. Not an excuse just had a really SH year
Life can be a drag.. just jump back on the low carb bandwagon but maybe try for as close to zero carb as possible for you. Ever done any fasting? I think it's way more effective than exercise.

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Life can be a drag.. just jump back on the low carb bandwagon but maybe try for as close to zero carb as possible for you. Ever done any fasting? I think it's way more effective than exercise.

Hello.

Funny you mentioned fasting. I god told to eat the evening meal early between 18.00 - 19.00 and only drink water after that until breakfast at 06.30 - 07.00. Is this what you mean?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello.

Funny you mentioned fasting. I god told to eat the evening meal early between 18.00 - 19.00 and only drink water after that until breakfast at 06.30 - 07.00. Is this what you mean?

Kind of.. thats' a very mild fasting regime.
I tend to only eat solids between about 3 pm and 8 pm.
The rest of the time coffee (or sometimes tea) with double cream is my daily fuel.
I have recently started doing a 48 hour fast each week (no solids after Sunday dinner until Tuesday dinner).
It's very powerful 'medicine'.

Cobwebs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bossy or pompous people.
Try this diet by Dr Michael Mosley. The 8 week Blood Sugar Diet.

Worked for me within a few weeks. Incredible result.

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My latest HbA1c is 5.5. Am taking 500mg x3 Glucophage from the last 4 years and diagnosed with 7.5 HbA1c.

Reactions: Nicki70

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @DavideB

I tend to agree that low carb is more important with exercise- just as well as I'm currently suffering from a sprained ankle and not walking. I also find that moderate exercise raises my levels much less than intense exercise.

I also do facing and don't eat breakfast. I'm now eating lunch most days as I wasn't eating enough protein so got told to eat lunch. Before that I was not eating until my evening meal. I do have a few coffee with cream in the mornings though.

It is worthwhile experimenting to see what works for your body. Some find that having a morning and evening meal and no lunch works for them, others one meal a day others 3 meals a day- our bodies are very complex. Also worthwhile varying the times and intensity of exercise until you find something that works for your routine and your blood sugar levels.

Good luck :)

Reactions: Bazzakins