Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why be so rude mike?

Is it rude to answer a statement with a request for further info?

Although I would like to know what @mark3665 plans to do following his HbA1c result of 46?
Lots of different courses of action available.

mark3665

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't even know what to do wether 46 is good or not nurse didn't explain anything only got diagnosed in January new to this

Reactions: 2 people

vix107

Mark after only a few months with a result like that I'd be very pleased, even if it was an awful result you have to learn not to let it get you down just learn from it. None of us have an absolutely perfect result every time our whole lives!! Your doing the right things, and if you're worried you can always speak to a Dr or a nurse to set your mind at ease :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A HbA1c result of 46 is on the borderline of having Type 2 diabetes.

If you read the welcome email from @daisy1 it will give you some background information and hopefully help you take control and stop yourself developing the disease.

In short, it is a wake up call and if you treat it that way you will defeat it.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't even know what to do wether 46 is good or not nurse didn't explain anything only got diagnosed in January new to this
46 is pre diabetic but if you have not done changes of diet etc. then there is scope for getting it down further. I peaked at 68 but now I am always in the 40's. So anything is possible.

Reactions: 2 people

mark3665

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm on insulin since being diagnosed in January but not told anything

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just wondering how were you diagnosed and at what level was your HbA1c then or do you mean that this is your first HbA1c or the first since diagnosis. forgive me if I am being obtuse.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Why be so rude mike?

Simply because a statement requires some more information or a follow up question so we can render assistance where we can ..

"and?" does not imply anything ill mannered, just seeking detail.

mark3665

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was admitted to hospital with phenomena then diagnosed with diabetes in there was told type 2 and given insulin then metformin as well was not told how bad it was

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We really are the mushroom brigade fed on **** and kept in the dark.

I should suppose you already know the requirements for getting your licence back I know three months is a long time to have to wait but you are already about three months past diagnosis if your licence was revoked close to that date you should be able to apply quite soon hopefully that is if you have not had any hypos requiring assistance.

Best of luck John