HbA1C

Turner90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Evening all,

I had my final medical today to become a prison officer, however I failed the medical as my HBA1C was above 59.. my last HBA1C was 66 however occupational health won't pass me as 'FIT' until it comes below 59.

What is everyone else's HBA1C?? I am gutted, however they have given me 6 weeks to try and get it down.

Regards
Lee

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You must be very annoyed. As an HBA1C takes in the previous 3 months blood glucose levels, have you ascertained with the medical profession whether that drop is doable in 6 weeks? If it is, go zero carb for 6 weeks go for it!

Reactions: Levy and Turner90

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Evening all,

I had my final medical today to become a prison officer, however I failed the medical as my HBA1C was above 59.. my last HBA1C was 66 however occupational health won't pass me as 'FIT' until it comes below 59.

What is everyone else's HBA1C?? I am gutted, however they have given me 6 weeks to try and get it down.

Regards
Lee
Sorry, a real hard thing especially as you are 59 so what's going to be the difference being a bit below? Anyway, you can work on it.
I was 42 in Nov.
Virtual hug. You can do it.

Reactions: Turner90

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My March one was 50, down from 89 in December. I went strict keto at the end of January, so it was only really for 8 weeks out of the 12 that HbA1c measures. You can probably bring it down by the seven points necessary in the six weeks they’ve given you if you start straightaway. Have a look at www.dietdoctor.com for guidance and recipes x

Reactions: porl69

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
MDI 60's - 70's . now on a pump 40's to low 50's. I hope you get it down.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
WOW. That's going to be tight........doable BUT tight. Keep us updated how it goes. Fingers crossed for you

Turner90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have finally done. I officially start my prison officer training tomorrow. A long hard road but it all came good in the end.

Reactions: DCUKMod

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have finally done. I officially start my prison officer training tomorrow. A long hard road but it all came good in the end.

Very well done. I hope you have a great first day tomorrow, and many more to follow.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done. If it is what you really want to do you will find a supportive community. Good luck