Hba1c

rayq81

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, diagnosed in July as a 1.5 diabetic with a hba1c reading of 110

I have not started insulin even though my doctor advised new to at the time, I asked her to allow me to try and get my levels down by proper food and exercise regime to which she agreed for 6 months providing I take metformin which I have been.

Just got my 6 monthly hba1c and its at 41 !!! To say I am delighted is an understatement, libre 2 reading are also 99% in range over a 90 day period.

To everyone don't lose hope sometimes you do get a glimpse of good news on the journey

Donna85

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's amazing well done! My recent one( just nefore xmas) came back at 124. I'm not on metformin but I'm on gliclazide. I'm hoping for fabulous results like yours! Well done

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Allow yourself to smile smile smile! You've done really well. Kudos to your nurse for giving you time to see what you could do, which will impact on her advice to others as well. We need all the medics on board that we can get, for the good of all diabetics.

rayq81

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Allow yourself to smile smile smile! You've done really well. Kudos to your nurse for giving you time to see what you could do, which will impact on her advice to others as well. We need all the medics on board that we can get, for the good of all diabetics.
Thank you and yes my health came team are fantastic

Reactions: flonvic

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations @rayq81. From an HbA1c result of 110mmol/l down to 41 in 6 months is remarkable.
You obviously know what you're doing. Well done you!

Reactions: rayq81

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, diagnosed in July as a 1.5 diabetic with a hba1c reading of 110

I have not started insulin even though my doctor advised new to at the time, I asked her to allow me to try and get my levels down by proper food and exercise regime to which she agreed for 6 months providing I take metformin which I have been.

Just got my 6 monthly hba1c and its at 41 !!! To say I am delighted is an understatement, libre 2 reading are also 99% in range over a 90 day period.

To everyone don't lose hope sometimes you do get a glimpse of good news on the journey
That's brilliant! While I don't want to be all Debbie Downer, just enjoy it while it lasts! I'm also T1.5 or LADA and I had 3 fabulous years after diagnosis just on Gliclazide 40mg and Metformin before it all went wrong. I'm now on basal bolus insulin, my tablets have been taken away. I'm back on the way to regaining good control on very small amounts of insulin, but I've been given a Libre now so makes life a lot easier. Stay vigilant! I wish I had pushed for a possible T1 diagnosis when my bloods started to go wrong but because i thought I was T2 I accepted all the different meds they gave me but all that happened was my bloods got worse. Hopefully you will get a nice long honeymoon period though!