Homophobia, racism, sexism
How did it go? Was that cool?

Reactions: Antje77

diamonddamaris

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve never been to the class before but I absolutely loved it. There must have been about 20-30 people in the pool. I was doing exercises in the pool while Shania Twain songs were playing. My blood sugar was 10.4 before the class and 9.2 afterwards. Decided to treat myself to a subway afterwards as well.

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Isn't a Finnish sauna, Finnish style?
I understand the Finns and Swedes have a friendly rivalry and my not like the idea of a Swedish style Finnish sauna :)
The guy was an ex pat married to a Swedish woman. They both resided near Vaasa. They also had this cabin on the coast with a sauna.. I was “game for a laugh” & took my swim wear..

Discovered I didn’t need it.. ;)

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I absolutely love saunas and hot tubs, and steam rooms, and natural bubbling geothermic pools. As a type two, re any physical experience, I have to bear in mind that my blood glucose may be affected during and after, but the general sense of well-being, and a happy healthy blood glucose reading in that state in the aftermath makes it all worthwhile.

I have enjoyed reading this thread, and adding my two cents worth on the Finnish and Swedish sauna thing - any Swede in my immediate vicinity looks very puzzled at the idea that it is a 'thing'. Both countries love saunas, as a generalisation, but all acknowledge that it is the Finns that truly establish it in their lives, in their homes and town planning, and therefore in their country. Is my understanding.

Sigh. Making me long for freezing cold water, snow, ice, and a lovely sauna....(not really the bitterly cold water!)

Reactions: jjraak