1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Healthy living

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by johnbear2, Oct 3, 2017.

1. johnbear2

johnbear2 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

As a type 1 diabetic I am all for healthy eating,but never buy tesco healthy living meals,they are tasteless,watery and overpriced.they must have forgotten people have taste buds

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Well the healthiest living doesnt come in plastic, its not processed.. so personally I would never eat anything like that anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I call it orange food in orange boxes. Overpriced pap!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have just finished viewing Prof. Robert Lustig's presentation called 'The Bitter Truth'. The full lecture is an hour and a half but there is a condensed version of about thirty minutes.
    The prof is lecturing on fructose and especially High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). In North America this stuff is in everything but especially in processed foods, foods aimed at babies (baby milk powder), aimed at kids and aimed at young adults. It is also used in, guess what?, 'Healthy Meals' including those foods marketed as weight loss aids.
    So, not only is it tasteless, watery pap that is more expensive by comparison but it is extremely cheap to manufacture. Imagine this, the CEO of a food manufacturer eating his own product. You would never see this in reality because they know what goes into this rubbish.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook