Hello all - Newbie :D

M.Diriye

Hello everyone,

My name is Mahamed. Although I dont have diabetes, I have people in my life who are effected by the condition. Young & old. Out of my interest for this condition, I became interested in chronic conditions & decided to gain a better understanding about the individuals with them & how they are effected by studying..Psychology!

There is much more to an illness or condition & much more to a person with a condition than what you can just see. And if we can understand just a little bit about that, we may be able to go someway to helping those who have chronic conditions.

I hope to continue studying chronic conditions - especially diabetes, which is an issue close to my heart & extending my knowledge about them for a very long time. Just joined the forum, but I am on a few other forums as well. I like this one the best! :mrgreen:

Kind regards,
Mahamed.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Hello and welcome Mahamed.

I'm curious..who has diabetes in your family? Although personal experience isn't always necessary, I believe it can only be an asset, especially in the field that you have chosen!

:)

M.Diriye

Hello :)

I have only been around type 1 diabetics. My little cousin who is 9 now is a type 1 & so is my old uncle. I see my cousin all the time & its a bit of a challenge because with a child you have to explain things & try to rationalise to them what diabetes is, why they've got it & why they have to keep taking the treatment. It's really not easy, especially when kids never cease to ask questions! :D