Hello all... NewBoy...

jellysmith

Hi,

I have been advised by a friend, who has Diabetes, to seek some advise.
I have lost around 14 pounds in weight (now weigh 11 stone 3 lb) over the last 6 weeks or so without trying to loose weight, i am constantly thirsty and drink loads and dont seem to eat alot but when i eat, i eat a large amount. I get headaches more than i ever used to and tend to be a little short with people at time.

He tested by blood this morning (i had not had breakfast) and i had a reading of 20.0 mmol/l. After 1.5 hours he tested it again and i had a reading of 20.3 mmol/l.

What do you all think i should do?

Any advise is appreciated.

Regards

Sean

johnytrout

It seems you have diabetes, allthough you should see you doctor to comfirm this.
Do you pee a lot or have leg cramps in the night? These are some other symptoms!
Bye the way, stay off drinks loaded with sugar such as cokes and lemonades as they will make it worse.......... Drink water

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi jellysmith and welcome to the forum :) With levels that high you should see your GP urgently. See if you can test your urine for ketones too. If they are high then it's A&E for you I'm afraid especially if you feel sick. Only your GP or hospital can diagnose you after blood tests. Let us know how you get on.