Hello all think I'm diabetic

Innes

Hello everyone,

Recently - rather suddenly - I have been urinating a lot more than usual, around 2/3 times an hour compared to my usual urination rate. Also, I have been finding myself needing a drink almost right away after having one but if I drink a lot I need to go to the toilet more so I don't drink but then my mouth goes really dry and I have to drink something. Diabetes doesn't run in my family as far as I know. My cousin has it although we aren't related via blood as my aunt was adopted, if that makes sense. My Grandfather developed Diabetes after suffering a stroke but my mum says that people get Diabetes because of a stroke, dunno if this is true or not.

Now I've had a quick look at the 'Type 1 Diabetes' page on this website - http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-symptoms.html - and noticed I had some two symptoms which I've described above. I now want to write about the other ones.

Loss of weight: I do eat quite a lot of sugary foods and I'm not very active yet I'm really underweight. I'm 17 and weigh 6 stone 8 and stand at about 5 foot 5 inches approx. So I'm not sure if this is a link or not to being diabetic.

Weakness and Fatigue: I have always been weak but recently I feel very weak after doing a simple task such as lifting something, it feels like my knees are going to give way. I do also feel tired even though I have done absolutely nothing all day, even went to sleep yesterday before dinner for an hour after a long day of watching TV!

Blurred Vision: Not really had this although my right eye does get sore sometimes but I think this could be eye strain due to the fact I work with computers but I'm not sure.

I'll now go on to describe some other symptoms I've been having. Over the last few days I have being feeling a bit light headed and had very dull headaches, the pain has been at the front of my head in case your wondering. Also we have a blood pressure tester in our house last time I got checked it was low for my age about 98 so I'm worried about low blood pressure as well, is low blood pressure linked to Diabetes?

So I'm just wondering what steps I should take next, is there anyway I could test myself without going to a Doctor? I've been to the Doctor about 7 times in the last 3 months about some other health issues and I think they are fed up of me so don't want to be a pest anymore.

Thanks for any help, think I've asked a bit much for a first post! Hope I'm in the right section as well! :crazy:

Innes

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Innes

Welcome to the forum. Be a pest!!! It is your health that is at issue. Get to your GP and discuss your symptoms and fears. A simple blood test will be needed to determine if you have diabetes or not.

Keep us updated and ask any questions. Knowledge is power in the world of medicine.

Regards

Doug

Innes

Osidge said:
Innes

Welcome to the forum. Be a pest!!! It is your health that is at issue. Get to your GP and discuss your symptoms and fears. A simple blood test will be needed to determine if you have diabetes or not.

Keep us updated and ask any questions. Knowledge is power in the world of medicine.

Regards

Doug

Hello Doug!

Thanks for the quick response, I think I better be a pest now that I think about it I'm sure the Doctors can handle seeing me for another 20 minutes!

Thanks again,

Innes