Hello Everyone a quick check on blood levels.

overlander

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question and i know you have been asked before but upon searching the forum I am still not clear. I go to well man clinic every couple of years and they have highlighted a few times that my fasting blood sugar level is about the 6.2 to 6.7 level over the space of a few years (10 years).

I have recently been getting a few urine infections and the Dr thinks its related to blood sugar levels so he told me to go away and lose weight. Not very impressed with their knowlede of type 2 diabetes.

Therfore I have started measuring my levels and would like to ask opinions on these levels.

Typical morning reading is 6.5-6.7 mmol

Pre meal about the 5.8 mmol

After a very heavy carb meal for testing purposes, a large white roll baguette (soft white about 10") with tuna and mayo followed by a grab bag of mcoys crisps. After eating that i tested 2 hours later and i was 6.4 mmol after 2 hours.

Just checked my levels after 6 hours and it's 5.1 mmol. I have just had a large portion of pasta and will measure later.

Normally I avoid pasta and bread but this will give me more info.
45 mins after I am at 6.2 mmol on my accu mobile unit and 6.4 mmol on my sd code free metre so reasonable confident that the 6.2 mmol is accurate.

Ok last update, about 2 hrs after a load of pasta and 2 chunks of wholenut chocolate with 2 chunks of dark chocolate about an hour ago I am reading 5.7 mmol.

So basically asking am I well into the prediabetic region or not too bad.

Thanks

Scott

Last edited:

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Overlander you have very similar characteristics to me, it appears you have impaired fasting glucose but your post meal numbers are pretty good so you have insulin production after eating.
Prediabetic yes, down to your fasting numbers.