Hello folks,

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
I have been Diabetic 33 years this year am insulin dependant with Diabetic complications so do not work. My spouse has a pension plus a part time job in Tesco. I had been on benefits before we married in 2013, all of my benefits were instantly taken away from me so we are finding it difficult juggling money now. Does anyone know if I am entitled to any benefits? Please do not tell me to go to citizens advice because I am not well enough to do that.

Thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If you are getting DLA then this is independent and should not be affected by spouses income.

I believe all other benefits are based on income coming in to a household from a couple.

Shecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal harmers, Smoking, Ignorance, Rudeness
Thank You it was DLA

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you phone Citizens Advice or welfare rights if your council has one? There may be time to appeal your loss of DLA. At the same time, put in a new claim, which will probably be for PIP, but that depends on where you live, hence need for local knowledge.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would ring Welfare Rights (usually attached to your local County Council) They are normally well up on benefit entitlement, will call round to see you if necessary, and will help you with any claims or appeals.

Reactions: 2 people