Hello & Information and Help Needed

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi NoorChowdhury. You are most welcome.;). It helps if you can keep a food diary. Test before meals, then eat and test 2 hours after, write down what foods you ate and write your blood sugar reading next to that meal. Over time you will see which foods give you higher readings. And don't panic/worry if? You get a high reading on a morning, after fasting through the night? It happens! - mine was 7.1 this morning!! Remember - any questions you may have? Just post them on the forum and someone will answer them. :)

Reactions: 2 people

NoorChowdhury

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @liam1955 this is what exactly happening with me the reading I am getting in the morning which is more than when i go to bed therefore I am a bit concerned.

Have been monitoring my sugar level since last couple of weeks before and after 2 hours eating including early morning fasting.
Morning breakfast – 3 egg white and tea (no sugar)
Lunch – Salad of cucumber, celery, radish, lettuce and tuna or two egg white. Sometimes I ate almonds 2 hours before lunch.
Sugar level only increased by 1 or 1.2 mmol comparing to before eating.
Dinner – chicken soup with Lidle High Protean Bread (2 times in week)
Chicken grill with cauliflower or sometimes with cabbage.
Again comparing to before eating it increased 1 to 1.5 mmol.
Only I noticed jump once I tried white basmati rice handful – from 6.4 (before eating) it shot to 12.4 in two hours so this is out and out for me now.
Tried Brown rice once a week handful – it increases 2.0 to 2.5
I also tested my sugar level before going to bed and what I have noticed during morning test sugar lever jumps more than bed time.
Fast Mode average I am getting 8.0 to 9.0 when I go to bed I am getting 7.0 to 7.5
During day time I am getting in between 6.4 to 7.2 before and after eating.
The question is why the sugar level jumping during my sleep. Just one thing I like to mentioned that I take Asprin before bed as well. Is this the reason or something else I need to do or change my diet? Any Advise please.

@Prem51
I want to ask you:
Once you mentioned 3 times a week you eat handful of white rice, so could you please let me know how much sugar level jumps in your case.
Noor Chowdhury

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@NoorChowdhury I don't eat white (basmati) rice every week. Sometimes I do eat it 3 times in a week. I don't test after meals, only once a day, first thing in the morning, and it doesn't seem to make much, if any, difference to my readings then.

NoorChowdhury

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just an update - thought instead opening new thread I am posting here.

Three months after first diagnose result has come and I am glad to say it came out normal
First diagnose result was - HbA1c - 105
After 3 month result came - HbA1c - 57 :)

Weight was during first diagnose - 83.9 Kg (13.2 St.) BMI - 29.8
After 3 months - 73.7 Kg (11.6 St) BMI - 25.8 (Lost more than 10 Kg)

I would like to thank everyone over here for the guidance, support and help I received over here.
I would not have reached so far without your help.
Much appreciated.
Will carry on taking precaution till I reach my target.

Regards
N. Chowdhury

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@NoorChowdhury - Wow, what a brilliant result. Well Done, you must be so pleased.:)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Just an update - thought instead opening new thread I am posting here.

Three months after first diagnose result has come and I am glad to say it came out normal
First diagnose result was - HbA1c - 105
After 3 month result came - HbA1c - 57 :)

Weight was during first diagnose - 83.9 Kg (13.2 St.) BMI - 29.8
After 3 months - 73.7 Kg (11.6 St) BMI - 25.8 (Lost more than 10 Kg)

I would like to thank everyone over here for the guidance, support and help I received over here.
I would not have reached so far without your help.
Much appreciated.
Will carry on taking precaution till I reach my target.

Regards
N. Chowdhury

What an amazing result! Congratulations - your hard work is paying off already:)

NoorChowdhury

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955
Yes I am very pleased and must thank you. Like earlier you said to monitor every food what I eat and see what works and I did the same. Result speaks for itself.

@ladybird64
Thanks - yes it is paying off - all credit to this forum members.

Reactions: 4 people

NoorChowdhury

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Need advise and feed back please

Three weeks early my doctor took blood sample to check my kidney function ( first time when I was diagnosed with T2 doctor said kidney function normal)

Then two weeks before he rang me and said kidney function showing abnormal and we think it's due to Statin tablet you taking so stop that statin and give another blood sample.
Last Friday they took seven samples of blood and yesterday they rang me saying doctor want to discuss with you about your sample. Out of curiosity I asked about my kidney function.
They said it's improving and that's what doctor want to discuss about.

Now since then stressed out, unable to sleep, horrible things going through my mind.

Could anyone please had similar problem or know what's all this about.
Your advise and feedback will be highly appreciated

Thanking you all in advance
Regards
N. Chowdhury

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Now since then stressed out, unable to sleep, horrible things going through my mind.

Don't let that worry you ... by your own admission, he said it's improving. Stress will do nothing for your outlook other than potentially raising your numbers, so take the que sera sera attitude until you speak to him. If diabetes was a single faceted condition, it'd be easy to know what to target. The fact that it isn't makes life all that more interesting.

You've achieved much so concentrate on that ... not distressed imaginings :)