Hello! Is it OK to post as a 'health professional'

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's just that 'medical professional' has a nice feel to it and was wondering at what point I could achieve such a statis.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
It appears Andrew is a hypnotherapist so I guess he can call himself a "medical professional" as he makes a living out of his chosen field which is partly to do with the medical profession. Some people are interested in this field and some have had success with things like smoking cessation and phobias etc. I personally wouldn't use his services but there are those that would.
He is a new forum member and we ought to give him a chance. If later on we find more links to his practice or similar then further action would be taken.
Jack, doesn't matter what you call yourself, you always give top advice :)

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
It appears Andrew is a hypnotherapist so I guess he can call himself a "medical professional" as he makes a living out of his chosen field which is partly to do with the medical profession. Some people are interested in this field and some have had success with things like smoking cessation and phobias etc. I personally wouldn't use his services but there are those that would.
He is a new forum member and we ought to give him a chance. If later on we find more links to his practice or similar then further action would be taken.
Don't see how that can help me?

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldnt call myself a medical professional..with or without brackets!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Oi stop it you lot - bickering needlessly, you got nothing better to do? Go pour some red wine. Give the guy a chance.

Reactions: 9 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome. If you have useful advice and an encouraging manner I'm sure you'll find a place on here. It sounds like you have a sense of humour, which generally goes down well too.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Welcome Andrew if you survive this thread you will learn a lot here to help folks in general including yourself... and if you think they being hard on you, just be glad you are not a dr/consultant/diabetic nurse/general nurse.or full blooded member of the nhs.

*Grabbing the popcorn settling back and awaiting the next round* (assume popcorn is low carb, tough if it isn't this is to good a thread to miss without it) Ok bring it on guys n gals........:hilarious:

MID :happy:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In the mean time....

Relax & chill out to this. I conquered my phobia of Japanese fishing boats...!

& I'M NOT AFAID OF GIVING BIRTH ANYMORE...

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Interesting...I'm a hypnotherapist too though cant say I've had any diabetic clients yet...though I've heard many clients do find it beneficial. I'm currently awaiting results for type 2 and I plan to use hypnotherapy to help deal with it. At the moment I can see how it could be useful for quite a few areas of diabetes management.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I worked as a registered nurse for a while (NSW, Australia) and worked in coronary care/ A&E and remembered managing DKA patients ---insulin drips/dextrose infusions/15
Min ketone testing/arterial blood gas (in the A&E as well as bedside) and treating hypos too (below 2.5) and doses on insulin (long acting, short acting), I have a bit of knowledge on standard procedures done in the hospital with extreme bgs but haven't really posted anything here from the conventional practice/give advice, as Im not qualified and is case to case basis too (better still to go to qualified doctor on medications etc)

Although I know what to do with very low and very high sugars it's the in between's (that's where I'm at!) that I'm not familiar with as we get diabetic patients that are really sick, it's still a learning process with low carb diet etc.....and wanted to go the prevention/controlling route first.

Last edited by a moderator:

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I worked as a registered nurse for a while (NSW, Australia) and worked in coronary care/ A&E and remembered managing DKA patients ---insulin drips/dextrose infusions/15
Min ketone testing (in the A&E as well as bedside) and treating hypos too (below 2.5) and doses on insulin (long acting, short acting), I have a bit of knowledge on standard procedures done in the hospital with extreme bgs but haven't really posted anything here from the conventional practice/give advice, as Im not qualified and is case to case basis too (better still to go to qualified doctor on medications etc)

Although I know what to do with very low and very high sugars it's the in between's (that's where I'm at!) that I'm not familiar with as we get diabetic patients that are really sick, it's still a learning process with low carb diet etc.....and wanted to go the prevention/controlling route first.

As long as you don't say " I'm a RN 'medical professional' you should do this and take that" it's all good to give your opinion of what you have done or link to something you have read of what you could do or take..