Hello There

bushy1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi There

I am a type 2 diabetic and have been for a year now. I am 52 with 2 grown up children.
It come to light after a tripple bypass and am looking for some recipe ideas for my lunch as I have stopped drinking milk as this is causing me to feel like **** and also dont eat meat and tuna.
So if any got any that would be good.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi & welcome to the forum. :)

Try having a look at these sub forums, there are some great recipes in the threads. They are not all vegetarian though so some will contain meat but maybe could be adapted, there’s also a vegetarian recipe thread that you may find useful

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/food-nutrition-and-recipes.3/

jmckirgan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. T2 myself and eat similar food groups. There's plenty of recipes out there but my current one is the Splenda site

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So we should eat to the clock, and eat when we're not hungry? A recipe for weight gain, I reckon.

Keep insulin level? Type 2s need to keep insulin low.

Avoid fat? We should avoid healthy fats which have little effect on blood glucose? And Type 2s should avoid all sugar.

Thank you for your TED talk.

• Winner
Reactions: Outlier and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer to eat 1 meal a day, with maybe 1 snack if I need it.

BG levels fluctuate all the time.

Fat is necessary for good health, it also helps to satisfy the appetite so that we feel less hungry.

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The very best advice, is eat only when hungry, if not hungry in morning skip breakfast, or lunch, or both if the situation arises, and as few carbs as necessary to keep your blood sugars under control. Snacking and regular meals only ensure high levels of Insulin swimming around, the last thing a type 2 needs.