Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado

Hi,

I'm Bernie ,

male aged 62 from West Cornwall in the UK. I'm a little concerned about answering all your suggested introductory questions because of the risk of identity theft. Sadly got to think of such things these days.

I'm newly diagnosed ( just over 2 weeks ago) with T2 and high blood pressure at the same time so a double whammy. Blood pressure pretty well down to high normal and still dropping. Blood sugar which I test twice a day coming down well now averages in the lower borderline and normal ranges. Have drastically changed my diet and now read every label on foodstuffs. (Losing weight for the first time in years)

Never knew I had it until this years routine annual eye test when the Optician referred me to my Dr as there was slight bleeding on one of the retinas.

Finding the forum useful

Regards to all

Bernie

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
Hi @Retanna / Bernie and welcome to the forums.

Don't worry about the introductory thread, it's just meant as a bit of an icebreaker, you're under no obligation to post on it, and if you do you should only answer questions you feel like answering. (I don't think I've ever posted on it. :)).

I'm glad that reducing carbs is working for you and look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Once again, welcome

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome. You will find this a very supportive place to be - though it sounds as if you have matters well in hand already.

I didn't fill in the intro questions either, same reasons as you.

Reactions: Retanna

VashtiB

Retired Moderator
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome @Retanna

I think you learn most about people reading their comments on threads anyway.

So welcome to the club no one wants to join. It sounds like you've made a great start in dealing with it.

Welcome and good luck :)

Reactions: Retanna

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
Hello and welcome. You will find this a very supportive place to be - though it sounds as if you have matters well in hand already.

I didn't fill in the intro questions either, same reasons as you.
Thank you

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
Hello and welcome @Retanna

I think you learn most about people reading their comments on threads anyway.

So welcome to the club no one wants to join. It sounds like you've made a great start in dealing with it.

Welcome and good luck :)
Thank you

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
Hi @Retanna / Bernie and welcome to the forums.

Don't worry about the introductory thread, it's just meant as a bit of an icebreaker, you're under no obligation to post on it, and if you do you should only answer questions you feel like answering. (I don't think I've ever posted on it. :)).

I'm glad that reducing carbs is working for you and look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Once again, welcome
Thank you