Hello

AnjaH

Hi I am Anja from Germany, Hamburg.

My husband is working for BMW and has to move to London for a longer period of time. Until know I have not decided to go with him, because of my diabetes. I need periodical treatment and I do not know if my german medical assurance is paying for it in the UK. So I am here to just inform me about the situation.

Thanks Anja

Grazer

Not sure about your assurance, you would need to phone them to get clarification, but if you are a German national, you'll get treatment on the british national health service free. There is a European card you can get to prove your entitlement.

Fallenstar

hi Anja
Welcome to the forum, any questions you need to ask concerning NHS Diabetic care..feel free to ask you will find a lot of people will be able to help you on here.
The Diabetic care in the UK seems to be varied from my experience depending on where you live..a bit of a post code lottery.
Saying that I have fantastic care where I am now and I hear a lot of other people saying the same...overall though you will get looked after and your meds will be free if you are Type 1 ,well you may have standard prescription charges in some parts of the UK ,not in others.

It would be nice if you could join your husband while he is in the UK, it would be an adventure for you.Please don't let your diabetes hold you back if you can.

I wish you all the best