Hello

jockster

Hi :wave: my names David im 35 and live in Scotland, i actually joined the forum nearly a year ago but never really got round to using it though i have learned alot from the website.

I was diagnosed T2 in 2008, it was a side affect of another drug that caused my diabetes.

I take 3x500mg slow release metformin daily, which i dont think i really need but my practice nurse tells me i need to keep taking them! i seem to be able to eat as much carbs i want which i dont really understand.

I test my blood glucose when i can as my nurse wont give me them, i was buying test strips but refuse to buy any more as there to expensive, i do have test strips just now as a friend of a friend with diabetes kindly gives me them when they can.

My last Hba1c was 5.1

Helenababe

Your ac1 is brilliant! It's like a non-diabetic one. You say you can eat as much carbs as you want? Mmm, if I was you I would ask for a glucose test to be done.

Helena

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi David and welcome to the forum :) I don't think you really need me to post the usual advice I give to new members as, since you have been a member for a year, you will have already seen it. You also seem to be getting good HbA1c's. Nevertheless, if you have any questions to ask, please go ahead as there is usually someone who can help.

jockster

Hi, thank you for your welcome.

Helenababe yes my ac1 is good, i only get it checked once a year, in 2009 it was 5.4, in 2010 it was 5.2, and around 2 months ago 5.1, yes i eat as much carbs as i want this is what confuses me, im off to see my Doctor in the morning and then my Nurse so ill be asking whats going on.

Hi daisy1 i get good Hba1c's without trying!!! i dont cut carbs and ive done tests on myself by eating different types of carbs and testing my blood glucose levels every 30 mins, rarely do i see it go above 8,

On monday night i tested myself before going to bed and found i was reading 3.8 so i tested my partner "whos non diabetic" and she was reading 4.3, we both ate the same meal at the same time, again im confused! shouldn't i have the higher reading.