Hello!

Liberty

Dislikes
Too many to mention! I'm a fussy mare!
Hi, finally plucked up the courage to type something! I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes n December 2008. Unfortunately it was all quite dramatic as i was on holiday in India at the time and ended up spending most of my holiday in a diabetic coma! It was extremely frightening and owhen I returned to the UK i developed further complications, mainly automic neureopathy which meant i had terrible leg pain and for some reason my heart was permanently racing. i ended up back in hospital twice, for three weeks each time. I also developed really low blood pressure which meant i couldn't even sit up in bed without being dizzy and every time I stood up, I fell down!
There were so many times when i wished I'd never woken up from the coma, everything seemed ruined. I'm getting used to it more now, but i hate not being to eat what I want and when i want and I'm still trying to get my strength back. (I lost 2 and a half stones and i wasnt overweight to begin with. I'm a bag of bones now!
Looking back, i'd had symptoms for almost 2 years, but my doctor just prescribed ant-depressants and sleeping pills. I have a new doctr now!
Anyway, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. My sugar levels are often high in the morning, ranging from 15 to 22. Once it's over 20 i can usually tell as it makes me feel sick etc. However, even when I go to bed at a good level, e.g 6 or 7, i still wake up high. Help? Also, i was a chocoholic... what do i do now??!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Liberty.

Glad to see you have asked a question or two. Some take a lot longer than you.
I would imagine your problems stem from either your Insulin dosage and/or diet. Hopefully one of our T1 experts will be along shortly and advise you better.

Ken