Hello

MandyEdie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
e768f5b1aa077622c58ab564a345ef83.jpg

I am newly diagnosed , and today I attended my DESMOND meeting
Although I had a general understanding, I found this very informative , the instructors were brilliant, and it was great to meet and discuss things with others in the same boat
I left with a Greater understanding and am determined to learn even more so have downloaded this App so I can learn from the people who know Best, the people who are living with it

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @MandyEdie and welcome to the forum. I did the DESMOND course when I was first diagnosed and found it useful for a newbie to diabetes. But it does suggest eating carbohydrates with every meal. Carbs turn to sugar in our bodies so aren't good for diabetics. Many of us on this forum find that avoiding or limiting carbohydrates as much as possible, and replacing them with good High Fats, has reduced our blood sugar levels.
Have a read round the threads and ask any questions you want, the people on here are friendly and supportive.

@Galja I think @MandyEdie is referring to the diabetes.co.uk App.

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@MandyEdie - Hello and Welcome to the Forum.:) Don't be afraid to ask any questions - we are all friendly and supportive to one another on this forum.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome pleased you have found the course helpful and that you want to take your diabetes in hand

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. I agree with the other poster about carbs. If your Desmond course suggested having lots of carbs then I'm afraid that would be bad advice. Hopefully your trainers were up-to-date on the subject of diet. BTW fats are OK.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.