help/advice/suggestions??

amanda c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, cold and rain! Ignorance and arrogance
Hi all. Not sure if im posting in the right place but here goes. ...
I stupidly signed up to do tough mudder next month! Training(?) Going pretty well blood sugars ok. Just wondering wot to do with my insulin pump during! Obv dont want to get it wet just wondered if anyone here had any advice/suggestions for on the day??? Thanks much x

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi all. Not sure if im posting in the right place but here goes. ...
I stupidly signed up to do tough mudder next month! Training(?) Going pretty well blood sugars ok. Just wondering wot to do with my insulin pump during! Obv dont want to get it wet just wondered if anyone here had any advice/suggestions for on the day??? Thanks much x

You can get protective pouches to keep you pump in so put it in one of those. If it's an Animas pump it doesn't matter if it gets wet.

H

Hooked

Even if it is an Animas vibe, I'd still put it in a waterproof protective pouch as it isn't designed to get covered in mud and dirt, waterproof and all as it is.

amanda c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi guys thanks for the info. I called the accucheck helpline they said they had nothing like this waterproof pouch! Any ideas where to get it?? X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long are you expecting to take?

If it were me, I'd 1) take the basal rate down for about half an hour or an hour beforehand and 2) remove the pump for the race as I'd be expecting to take less than 1 hour.

I'd also think about eating pre-race, as I know I'm very insulin sensitive while exercising and I might not be able to test easily during that kind of race.

amanda c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks CarbsRok appreciate that.
ElyDave its prob gonna take a while longer than an hour. We're expecting about 3!!!! Not doing it timed just wanted to finish. ... ALIVE preferably as u can mayb tell im terrified!! X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people