Help

Type_ffs_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hay guys could do with some advice.. I was diagnosed in January (t1) every thing was going smooth(ish) until recently Ive started having constant hypos first my go recommend switching background insulin to levermir long story short I reduced it to the point where I'm no longer taking it (gps advice) but still going low. I've been counting my carbs since I was diagnosed and was having 1/10 for a few months but now For breakfast Im taking 1/50 and lunch 1/50 and teatime and after 1/20.. but these past couple of days I've still been going low at breakfast and dinner so for a few days I've no insulin at all for breakfast or lunch and my bg where fine ? But for tea I need 1/20 still ? Is it possible to be diabetic just at night? lol I've. O rising bg through the night either pretty much is what it is when I go to sleep. Any body else had any simpliar problems?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be the honeymoon period @Type_ffs_

When I was going through that, I only needed 1 unit of basal a day plus boluses.

When you say your sugars are ok, what figures are you getting and are you testing after food too?

Type_ffs_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Waking up around 6 having breakfast then by lunch 5.5 then tea I've been around 4.5 that's with no insulin but if I was to have tea without any I'd be around 10 or 11 so I've been having Rapids with that at around 1/20 ratio which usually leaves me around 6

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Waking up around 6 having breakfast then by lunch 5.5 then tea I've been around 4.5 that's with no insulin but if I was to have tea without any I'd be around 10 or 11 so I've been having Rapids with that at around 1/20 ratio which usually leaves me around 6

Ok, so you're not testing 2 hours after the start of your meals? Could you be spiking then and then have some of your own insulin kicking in too late?

Has anything changed in your daily routine eg weight loss, more exercise, etc?

Type_ffs_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ye I'm only testing before meals I do occasionally test after meals and there is usually a spike but all depends on what I have eaten really, gp seems to think it's just honeymoon period it's just bloody frustrating as I'm unsure weather to take it sometimes.. as for exercise carnt really say I do any on purpose but I am fairly active (painter and decorator) I lost a lot of weight at the beginning but piled that back on I feel asif I'm finally rebuilding muscle which is what's making me think maybe my pancreas has recovered aswell question is tho for how long ....

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Type_ffs_ I'd recommend testing after meals. Thenfirst sign I got that my honeymoon was ending, was a spike after food. I'd initially only been testing like you did - before meals. But luckily, after not taking my morning bolus because I thought I didn't need it, I happened to,test 2hrs after breakfast and saw a spike.

It's worth doing a bit of after meal testing to be sure.

Reactions: himtoo